Blogtuan.info – Urethral strictures occur due to scar tissue that narrows the urethra, which serves to carry urine out of the body.
This condition restricts the flow of urine from the bladder which can lead to various medical problems in the urinary tract, including inflammation or infection.
As already mentioned, urethral stricture is caused by scar tissue that narrows the urethra
Based on Mayo Clinic, This condition can occur as a result of the following:
- A medical procedure that involves inserting an instrument such as an endoscope into the urethra
- Long-term use of a catheter to drain the bladder
- Trauma and injury to the urethra or pelvis
- Enlargement of the prostate
- History of previous surgery to remove or reduce enlarged prostate gland
- Urethral or prostate cancer
- sexually transmitted infection
- Radiation therapy.
Reported from Mayo Clinic, Urethral stricture symptoms include:
- Weak urine flow or reduced urine volume
- Frequent urge to urinate
- Difficulty emptying the bladder after urinating
- Frequently starting and stopping urine flow
- Pain or burning when urinating
- Inability to control urination
- Pain in the pelvic area or lower abdomen
- Penis swelling and pain
- There is blood in the urine
- Darkening of urine
- Inability to urinate.
Launch Healthline, the diagnosis of urethral stricture includes:
- Reviewing your symptoms and medical history
- Physical examination, especially in the penile area to identify any narrowing of the urinary tract
- Measuring the flow rate when urinating
- Analyze the physical and chemical properties of urine to detect bacteria
- Cystoscopy to view the inside of the bladder and urethra
- Measure the size of the urethral opening
- Tests for chlamydia and gonorrhea.
Based on healthline, The following treatment options for urethral strictures depend on their severity. among others:
- Use of dilators to make the urethra wider
- Placement of a permanent urinary catheter for chronic conditions
- Surgery to remove the affected tissue and reconstruct the urethra
- Urinary diversion procedure performed if the bladder is severely damaged or needs to be removed
Basically, it is not always possible to prevent urethral stricture.
But you can do the following to reduce the risk of experiencing it, namely:
- Using protection during sexual contact
- Immediately see a doctor if you experience symptoms of urethral stricture for early treatment to avoid serious complications.
Get updates selected news and breaking news every day from Blogtuan.info. Let’s join the Telegram group “Blogtuan.info News Update”, how to click the link https://facebook.com/groups/2271467342910314, then join. You must first install the Telegram application on your cellphone.
This article is not intended for self-diagnosis. Please always consult a doctor to get the right examination and treatment.