This problem has MSc. DS Truong Minh Dat (Leading specialist in Digestive, Breathing and Dairy for Children with 10 years experience, currently working at Institute of Medical and Pharmaceutical Research) answers as follows:
The post-Covid-19 issue has been recognized worldwide. However, research in the US shows that every 3,000 children have a problem after Covid-19. Therefore, you don’t have to worry too much when your child recovers.
Even so, it is true that we cannot ignore this matter either. Therefore, if your child has a post-Covid-19 infection, there are some warning signs to look out for:
1. Child coughs a lot, cough lasts a long time.
2. The child experiences heaviness in the chest, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing.
3. The child has chest pain, irregular heartbeat. Children feel very tired when they push themselves.
4. Children lack concentration, concentration is reduced, children are easily forgetful, or have headaches.
5. Children write worse than usual.
Those are the 5 basic warning signs that your child may be suffering from problems post-Covid-19. If your child shows any of these signs, you should immediately take your child to the doctor for timely treatment, so as not to affect the child’s health in the future.
Happy baby, happy family!