Ingredients for cough syrup:
– 1 kg of rock sugar (it is recommended to use crystallized sugar from molasses)
– 0.5 kg of basil leaves (thick greens)
– 0.5 kg of kumquats
– 0.2 kg of lettuce leaves
– 0.1 kg of chives leaves
– 1 small piece of ginger
How to make cough syrup:
– Kumquats, basil leaves, lettuce soaked in salt water, washed.
– Cut the kumquats in half, remove the seeds, mix with 1 kg of rock sugar, marinate for 1 hour, then put it on the stove to boil, then lower the temperature, put basil leaves, lettuce, crushed ginger and cook on low fire for about 1 hour. .
– Use a sieve to get the syrup into a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid; Kumquats after cooking acacia are very delicious, can be eaten to help clear and warm the throat on cold days.
This is a folk remedy, so it is better to use it early and it will last longer than western medicine. But the advantage is that it is benign and gentle and does not have to be abused to too much western medicine.
– Lemon basil has beneficial effects on the lungs, except for phlegm, relieves colds, makes sweat, vents, detoxifies. Colein in the leaves has strong antibiotic effect against some bacteria, especially in the throat, nose, mouth and also in the intestinal tract, treating colds, flu, high fever, fever can’t sweat, bronchitis, cough, asthma, hemoptysis, sore throat, hoarseness.
Kumquats have sweet and sour taste, cool properties, have the effect of stimulating digestion, reducing cough. With common cough diseases, kumquat works very well in the treatment. Kumquats contain a lot of pectin, essential oils, sugar and vitamins, which have anti-inflammatory, expectorant, cough-reducing, asthma-reducing, antibacterial effects.
at Blogtuan.info – Source: Soha.vn – Read the original article here