10-year-old boy goes into anaphylaxis after taking a Strepsils pill
According to the family, around 9pm on March 19, the boy took a Strepsils pill. After taking it for about 30 minutes, he developed hoarseness, swelling in the eyes on both sides, a slight red rash around the eyes, and itching.
As soon as the baby showed abnormal symptoms, the family took the baby to Hung Vuong General Hospital for emergency.
Receiving with typical symptoms, the doctors identified the boy as having level I anaphylaxis and immediately gave first aid according to the protocol. anaphylaxis. After intramuscular adrenaline (anaphylaxis) injection, both eyes and lips are still swollen.
About 20 minutes after the emergency, the boy gradually stabilized and was transferred to the hospital’s Emergency Department for treatment.
According to doctors at 115 Hung Vuong Emergency Center, anaphylaxis can occur at any time and the consequences are extremely dangerous if not treated promptly. Therefore, doctors recommend that when the body shows abnormal signs after being exposed to allergens such as: bee stings, ant stings, injections, drugs, eating foods… people need to come immediately. nearest medical facility for timely emergency treatment.
At Hung Vuong General Hospital, all patients with a history of anaphylaxis are thoroughly exploited and an allergy card is issued on which allergens have been recorded causing anaphylaxis for the patient. Patients need to carry this allergy card with them 24/7 to help doctors understand their medical history when going for medical examination and treatment.
at Blogtuan.info – Source: Afamily.vn – Read the original article here