Eating the wrong leaf, 4 people got severe poisoning, 1 person died
20/03/2022 08:19 GMT+7
A group of 6 people were doing construction work in Nghia Ta commune (Cho Don district, Bac Kan province) because they didn’t know that they had picked the leaves to fry and then they were poisoned.
On the afternoon of March 19, Mr. Hoang Xuan Truong, Chairman of the People’s Committee of Nghia Ta commune, Cho Don district, Bac Kan province, confirmed that in the commune, an incident of eating poisoned toenail leaves had just happened, causing one death.
According to initial information, on the evening of March 18, a group of 6 people were doing construction work in the commune for a telecommunications unit, because they did not know that they had picked the leaves to fry and then they were poisoned.
In the morning of March 19, the above group of people had headaches, abdominal pain, shortness of breath and vomiting.
After receiving first aid in Na Ca village, the above group was taken to the Cho Don District Medical Center for emergency treatment. However, one person who died later was Ban Van Sen (33 years old, living in hamlet 7, Linh Phu commune, Ham Yen district, Tuyen Quang province).
The remaining five victims, one with normal health condition, the other four with severe poisoning and had to be transferred to Bac Kan Province General Hospital, including: Mr. Nguyen Van Ngon, resident in hamlet 7, Linh Phu commune, Ham district. Yen, Tuyen Quang province; Duong Van Tuan; Mac Thien Huu; Phung Duc Quan (shared in Dia Lat, Vi Huong commune, Bach Thong district, Bac Kan province).
Mr. Tran Van Tuyen, Director of Bac Kan Provincial General Hospital, said that of the 4 hospitalized people, 3 were basically awake, one was still breathing through an endotracheal tube.
The hospital’s medical team is consulting with doctors of Bach Mai Hospital and closely monitoring the patients’ late poisoning.
According to zingnews.vn
at Blogtuan.info – Source: infonet.vietnamnet.vn – Read the original article here