Dr. Truong Huu Khanh, former Head of the Department of Infection – Neurology, Children’s Hospital No. 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vice Chairman of the Ho Chi Minh City Infectious Diseases Union, said that in order to achieve the best effect, drugs should be treated. COVID-19 Molnupiravir should be taken 30 to 60 minutes before meals. However, many people find it uncomfortable to take the medicine on an empty stomach, so they can take it right before eating.
In addition to Molnupiravir, depending on the composition and mechanism of action of the drug, the patient can decide whether to take it before, during or after eating. Usually, the drugs that are usually taken on an empty stomach are Flucloxacillin, Phenoxymethylpenicillin, Oxytetracycline… The drugs are indicated to be taken while eating such as Accarbose, Abendazol, Alfuzocin… Drugs that need to be taken after meals such as Ampicillin antibiotics , Erythromycin, Aspirin…
F0 drugs to prepare
In addition to the antiviral drug Molnupiravir used by prescription and prescribed by a doctor, F0 needs to prepare some drugs at home such as:
– Antipyretics: Paracetamol for adults: 500mg tablets, enough quantity for 3-5 days. Paracetamol for children (depending on weight and age): sachets of powder or nuggets mixed with oral suspension or tablets with content of 80mg, 100mg, 150mg or 250mg, 325mg, 500mg, the quantity is enough for 3-5 days.
– Electrolyte balancing solution: Oresol, rehydration pack, other electrolytes.
– Cough suppressants (depending on symptoms): Herbal medicines, or cough suppressants alone, or cough suppressants combined with antihistamines…., the quantity is enough for 5-7 days. Note the indications, contraindications and warnings, be careful while using the drug.
– Nasal solution: 0.9% sodium chloride, enough for 5-7 days.
– Medicines to treat underlying diseases according to prescriptions being used for the patient (if necessary, enough for 1-2 weeks).
at Blogtuan.info – Source: vtc.vn – Read the original article here