Accordingly, crooks often pretend to be customer care staff of carriers, banks, and e-wallets to call customers for service instructions, or solve any problems and ask customers to There are confirmation operations on the phone.
After the customer agrees to follow the instructions, they ask the customer to enter a keypad code that is **21*scam phone number#OK (USSD protocol command). This is essentially a call divert feature that allows mobile subscribers to divert calls to another phone number.
When the Call Transfer command is successfully executed according to the instructions of the scammer, the customer subscriber will still have signal, receive a Massage (SMS) message or access the network normally, but all incoming calls from that time have been lost. be redirected to receive calls to “Scammers phone number”.
After fraudulently hijacking calls, the crooks will log in to the victim’s e-wallet application, social network account … and declare Forgot login password, select the feature to receive calls to notify OTP code, Because the customer was previously tricked into performing Call Forwarding, the calls from the application switchboard will be redirected to the crook’s phone number. From there they easily take over social network accounts, control appropriation of money in wallets and bank accounts linked to e-wallets.
To protect customers and minimize damage caused by fraudsters, VinaPhone recommends customers as follows:
Beware of scam calls Call forwarding instructions:
– Be wary of scam calls, do not execute code **21*Phone# according to instructions from these calls.
– When the phone shows abnormal signs such as not receiving an incoming call (with a call forwarding icon next to the carrier logo), the customer immediately manipulates ##21# to cancel the unwanted call transfer order. at the same time, contact VinaPhone via the toll-free number 18001091 to check the subscriber’s status and get advice, answers or recommendations on how to handle it.
Beware of fraudulent calls to replace 4G Sims:
In addition to the Call Transfer scam as above, there are also some cases of fraud on replacing 4G Sims for free, so VinaPhone would like to inform customers about the replacement of 4G sim blanks at the customer’s address as follows.
– VinaPhone only offers to replace sim cards for customers who are using old SIM embryos (2G/3G SIM embryos). How to check the type of SIM you are using: Compose an sms message with the content “DS4G” and send it to 888 or press USSD protocol with the command *0888#
– For subscribers who are using 4G SIM embryos: VinaPhone does not call to replace other SIM cards.
– VinaPhone staff will contact and come directly at the customer’s address: do not change SIM remotely via phone or any online form.
– After VinaPhone staff perform the SIM replacement operation, the customer re-verifies the subscriber’s authentication by making outgoing/incoming calls from the subscriber’s number to ensure smooth 2-way communication from his subscriber.
VinaPhone recommends that in case the phone SIM is detected with abnormal signs such as: loss of signal, not receiving calls, messages … but the cause is unknown, please contact VinaPhone urgently via the number. 18001091 free switchboard for assistance in checking the status of subscribers and for advice and recommendations for timely handling.
VinaPhone is pleased to announce and sincerely thank the trust and cooperation of customers!
at Blogtuan.info – Source: vtc.vn – Read the original article here