Summer is coming, which means that many regions in the country are about to enter the stormy season. The situation of flooding, water entering the house is very easy to cause families using wooden floors to fall into the unfortunate situation that the wooden floors are blistered and warped. According to architect (Architect) Le Trinh, depending on the wood floor material and the degree of damage, there will be different treatment methods.
Warped, blistered wooden floors due to flooding still have a way to handle (Artwork)
Natural wooden floor
Although it has good quality with high durability, but if it is soaked a lot and soaked in water for a long time, natural wood floors cannot avoid damage. It should be handled as follows:
– Move furniture off the floor, remove one side of the wooden brace close to the wall.
– Next, turn on the largest electric fan to quickly evaporate the water. Do this for 1 week until the wooden floor is completely dry.
– Reinstall the previously removed wooden brace. Note that you should leave a gap of about 10 – 12mm to prevent the wood from expanding due to water absorption. In addition, if the piece of wood is new, it can be reused, and if it is too rotten, it should be replaced with a new one.
Besides, if the level of water infiltrating the wooden floor is low, a dry cloth can be used to wipe it. However, it is also important to remember to gently wipe your hands to avoid scratching the floor.
For light wood floors, you can use a dry towel to dry it (Artwork)
This type of parquet has a lower quality than natural wood flooring, especially in terms of water resistance. In addition, it is very difficult to dry. Therefore, once it has been soaked in water, whether it is a high-class or cheap wooden floor, it is very difficult to restore it to its original state.
If it has just been lightly watered, in a short period of time, you can disassemble each piece of wood to wipe it, dry it, and then reinstall it. But for the case that has been soaked for a long time, for a long time, the most effective solution is to replace the whole thing.
In addition, when handling water-soaked laminate flooring, you also need to note a few things:
– The floor should be cleaned and dried as soon as possible to minimize the impact
– Only use fans and air conditioners to dry wooden floors. Absolutely do not use drying tools at high temperatures or expose the wooden floor to the sun because it will affect the quality and life of the wooden floor.
– If the waterlogging is too serious, you should contact the wood floor construction unit to be treated properly and effectively.
Water-soaked wooden floors are not without a solution. Depending on the severity, you should choose for yourself the most suitable option to both inexpensively redo new wood floors and improve the condition of damaged wooden floors.
at Blogtuan.info – Source: Soha.vn – Read the original article here