đầu tiên Gạo lứt là gì?
Brown rice, also known as brown rice, brown rice, brown rice, flip rice, … It is a whole grain, keeping the rice bran inside but only removing the outer husk. Thanks to that, this type of rice stores all the important nutrients that are beneficial to human health without losing much like the white rice we often use.
brown rice pictures
When using brown rice in a dish, you will find it a bit grainy and grainy compared to the softness and smoothness of regular white rice. That’s because rice has an intact layer of bran, but is very beneficial for health.
2 Types of brown rice for weight loss today
Currently, there are several types of brown rice on the market, each with different characteristics and effects, classified based on criteria such as:
a) Sort by color
Based on the color of the rice, we will have two types, namely brown rice and black brown rice:
– Brown brown rice: This is a type of rice that is grown manually, without spraying pesticides. After going through the milling process, it is immediately put into a vacuum bag for storage.
– Black Brown Rice: A type of rice with a black outer skin, rich in fiber and vitamins, but very low in sugar. Therefore, this type of rice is rated as a “super food” that people are looking for and should be consumed every day.
Black brown rice
b) Classification according to its nature
Based on the properties of rice, we will divide it into two types, namely ordinary rice and glutinous rice:
– Brown rice: Is a type of rice that can be cooked everyday like ordinary white rice. However, as it cooks, the rice grains will not puff up like white rice but will be a bit coarse, a bit hard to eat at first, but if you get used to it, you will find it very tasty.
– Red glutinous rice: is a type of rice commonly used to make sticky rice wine, a special glutinous rice wine, which is combined with several other food ingredients. This type of rice is rarely used for daily consumption.
3 Nutritional composition of brown rice
In 100g of brown rice (1 cup) will contain the following nutrients:
– Carbs: 44g
– Fiber: 3.5g
– Lipids: 1.8g
– Protein: 5g
– Vitamin B1 (Thiamine): 12% of the RDI
– Vitamin B3 (Niacin): 15% of the RDI
– Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine): 14% RDI
Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid): 6% of the RDI
– Iron: 5% RDI
– Magnesium: 21% of the RDI
– Phosphorus: 16% of RDI
– Zinc: 8% RDI
– Bronze: 10% of RDI
– Manganese: 88% of RDI
– Selenium: 27% of RDI
In addition, brown rice is also rich in Folate, Calcium, and Vitamin B2 which are very good for the body. Only 1 cup of rice eaten every day is more than enough to meet the energy needs of the body.
4 What are the benefits of brown rice for health?
Thanks to the above-mentioned highly nutritious ingredients, brown rice brings valuable health effects to users, which can be mentioned as follows:
A) Good for the digestive system
Brown rice has a high fiber and vitamin content, so our digestive system will be healthy and easier to absorb food.
b) Stabilize blood sugar
Brown rice has the ability to help regulate blood sugar, reducing the amount of sugar the body absorbs from the food we eat every day. As a result, diabetics will have a better chance of recovery.
c) Reduce blood fat
Thanks to its rich fiber content, along with beneficial B vitamins, brown rice will help prevent the buildup of bad cholesterol in the blood vessels. This helps the cardiovascular system to become stronger, preventing the risk of high blood pressure, atherosclerosis,…
d) Resistant to oxidation
The B vitamins in brown rice also have the ability to help our body fight oxidation, preventing the formation of harmful free radicals.
Brown rice has many valuable health benefits
e) Helps strengthen bones and teeth
The rich calcium and mineral content in brown rice will help our bones and teeth become stronger.
g) Gout Prevention
Gout is caused by a high accumulation of uric acid in the blood. Using brown rice properly every day will help reduce uric acid levels significantly. Since then, gout will go into remission, the patient has a better chance of recovery.
h) Gluten free
Gluten is a very common protein, appearing in many of the grains we use every day. However, if the body absorbs too much gluten, it can cause bloating, gas, and indigestion. Brown rice does not contain gluten, so we will never experience stomach pain when eating.
5 How many calories in brown rice, can eating brown rice lose weight?
According to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), for every 100g of brown rice, the average person will provide the human body with 105-120 calories per day, along with a range of essential vitamins and minerals. . It is quite low in calories, combined with abundant fiber will make eating brown rice completely able to help you lose weight in a safe and natural way.
However, when brown rice is combined with other foods to make many different dishes, the calorie level will change and increase, you can refer to the following: (per 100g of brown rice used)
– Plain brown rice: 55-60 calories
– Brown rice candy (with sugar): 180 calories
– Pho noodles made from brown rice: 250 calories
– Brown rice cake: 350 calories
6 The best way to cook brown rice to ensure nutrition
To help you cook brown rice in the most correct way, so that you can ensure the nutritional content is not lost. The following steps guide how to cook the most standard rice that you can see:
– Step 1: The brown rice is washed with water, pay attention that it needs to be washed very gently so as not to remove the nutritious layer of bran.
– Step 2: After washing, soak brown rice in warm water at 40-50 degrees Celsius for about 1-2 hours. This will help remove the harmful toxins present in the brown rice before cooking.
Soak brown rice to remove Arsenic and toxins
– Step 3: Remove the rice after soaking, then cook it into rice with a water-rice ratio of 1-2. Note that you can reduce the amount of water a little, as after soaking the rice for 1-2 hours, it will be adequately hydrated. Cooking with too much water can make the rice soggy.
– Step 4: Cook the rice in the rice cooker as usual, until ready to eat. You can serve brown rice with your favorite dish.
7 The harmful effects of brown rice if used in excess
Although it has many health benefits, like many other foods, if you use brown rice in excess, it will bring many unforeseen dangers to your health, which can be mentioned as follows:
a) Arsenic poisoning
Brown rice contains a lot of Arsenic, which is a substance that can poison the body, cause respiratory failure, and cause kidney and liver cancer if too much is absorbed into the body. In addition, arsenic also makes the fetus in the womb unhealthy, prone to complications or dangerous diseases. Therefore, you should not eat too much brown rice, it is necessary to soak the brown rice to remove Arsenic before use.
b) Not good for the heart
Using too much brown rice can put pressure on the blood vessels, which directly affects the cardiovascular system. In addition, the high arsenic content in rice can interfere with heart function.
c) Causes bloating, indigestion
Because brown rice is rich in fiber, if consumed too much will make you feel full and indigestion. So, eat rice in moderation to help stimulate better digestion.
d) Inhibits absorption of nutrients
Brown rice contains phytic acid. It is an insoluble substance that can interfere with the absorption of beneficial nutrients into our body.
8 How much brown rice should you eat a day?
To be able to ensure health and prevent possible side effects if you eat too much brown rice. Every day you should not eat more than 200g of rice (equivalent to 2 cups of rice daily), and do not eat more than 3 times/week with this type of rice.
at Blogtuan.info – Source: Eva.vn – Read the original article here