Should tapioca starch be mixed with cold or hot water?
Cassava is a vine of the legume family, grown in many places in our country to make medicine and food. Most of its parts can be used as medicine. Tapioca starch is a delicious, nutrient-rich starch extracted from the roots of the kudzu plant (Radix Puerariae).
According to Oriental Medicine, tapioca starch has a sweet taste, cool properties, can enter the meridians, tastes and wastes, has the function of dispersing heat, declaring poison, explaining, penetrating diagnosis, generating new translations, cholera, and convulsions. , only thirst, detoxifies alcohol, relieves heat, relaxes muscles and promotes qi, is often used to treat early stones, heat symptoms, diarrhea, stiff neck and shoulder pain, pain in the front of the forehead, and evil in the yangming meridians. Hard back pain…
According to modern science, the composition of tapioca starch consists of about 60% starch and protein, the remaining 40% is some active ingredients of the isoflavonoid group: puerarin, pueroside A, pueroside B and olean triterpene compounds. In particular, Puerarin exists only in tapioca flour, effective in treating headaches and tinnitus. Isoflavonoid increases skin pigmentation, melasma, anti-oxidant. Daidzein is an anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory compound.
How to make refreshing tapioca flour
There are two ways: Drink every day, do not mix with cold water, because it is easy to get bloated when drinking or the body cannot absorb it. Because tapioca starch has a very stable texture, soaking in water for a month will not be sour or rotten.
Method 1: Use for a cup of 200 ml, take about 2-4 tablespoons of pho (30-40g). Put tapioca flour in a cup, add sugar according to each person’s preference, add about 10 ml of filtered water, stir well to dissolve tapioca and sugar, then add boiling water and stir well… how can a cup of cassava reach 60- 70 degrees Celsius is fine, the cup of water is still white (if the color is too hot and cooked, it reduces the use of tapioca starch).
Tapioca starch should not be mixed with raw water (mixed with cold water) and should not be mixed with too much sugar, which will have a negative effect on the body.
Method 2: Dissolve the tapioca starch with cold water, put it in the pot while boiling, stirring well, until the cassava is cooked, then use it.
- Should not be abused. The best is 1 cup/day (20-30 grams, or 2-3 tablespoons of pho). Drink about 3-4 times a week.
- Children should not use too much to avoid cold stomach, diarrhea.
- Tapioca flour should not be used for women with a miscarriage because it can cause miscarriage.
- When the body is cold, you should not drink tapioca water. People with gastrointestinal diseases such as gastric ulcer, duodenal ulcer, chronic colitis, irritable bowel syndrome, chronic hepatitis, chronic pancreatitis … need to be very careful when using.
at Blogtuan.info – Source: vtc.vn – Read the original article here