Children often have many different causes and symptoms of fever such as fever caused by teething, fever after vaccination, fever caused by colds, viruses or bacteria that cause fever. Currently, there is another type of fever that is COVID fever. Each type of sauce should have how to reduce fever for children difference.
Way reduce fever for children after vaccination, teething or common fever
If the child only has a common fever or after being vaccinated, the fever is also quite simple, the mother should not be too worried. Here are some of the fastest ways to bring down a child’s fever in this case:
Wipe the body with warm water for the baby
First, the mother needs to take off all of the baby’s clothes, use about 5 small towels to dip them in warm water, wring out the water and place them on both armpits and groin. The other towel is soaked in warm water and wiped all over the young body. Warm water will help evaporate, dilate blood vessels and help cool the body.
The fastest way to bring down a child’s fever. (Illustration)
Do this until the child’s fever subsides and the temperature drops to normal (about 37 degrees Celsius). Normally, a baby’s temperature will drop within 30-45 minutes. Children aged 6 months to 5 years who have a very high fever may have a seizure, so it is important to actively reduce the fever.
Add lots of water for children
When a child has a fever, they often lose a lot of water. Therefore, for children with fever due to teething and have passed the weaning stage, mothers should encourage the baby to add more liquids such as juice, porridge, soup, filtered water, milk… Also, if the baby is When they are old enough, parents can also give their children oral rehydration and electrolyte preparations such as oresol hydrite to help rehydrate, purify the body, and quickly reduce fever.
Wear loose, airy clothes for your baby
If the child has a fever but is still active, plays normally, drinks enough water, eats well, goes to the toilet normally, the mother does not need to take medicine for the baby. The way to reduce a child’s fever in this case is to wear loose clothes to reduce body heat and reduce fever. In addition, it can also be used with a fever-reducing patch so that the child does not feel uncomfortable.
Add calcium-rich foods to your baby
Calcium has the effect of helping to speed up the healing process faster, calcium supplements for babies should be encouraged by feeding them natural ingredients such as fresh fish, vegetables, oats…
For children with a high fever, over 38 degrees Celsius, the mother can give the child an antipyretic drug containing a single ingredient paracetamol in the form of a sachet or syrup, taking the correct dose as indicated is 10-15mg/kg body weight/ times, repeat after 4 hours if fever is still present, the maximum total dose should not exceed 60 mg/kg body weight/day. This is also the recommended way to lower a child’s fever to 40 degrees.
The dose of antipyretic drugs for children depends on age and weight, parents should consult a specialist before giving any medicine to their child, carefully read the instructions for use on the package.
In addition, according to the experience of reducing fever for children in folklore, 1 day before the injection, the mother can use perilla leaves and grind to get water for the baby to drink directly or boil the water of perilla leaves and give it to the baby to drink. The natural resistance in perilla leaves will help reduce fever.
Experience in reducing fever in children. (Illustration)
How to reduce fever for teething babies
Teething babies are often accompanied by a number of signs such as: drool a lot, like to nibble on hands or chew other objects, like to pull their ears, baby’s gums have swollen and red expressions, fever in waves… In case the baby has a fever, it may be due to an infectious disease such as: continuous fever, little or no accompanying signs of teething. When children have teething fever, mothers need to pay attention to the fastest ways to reduce fever for children as follows:
– Add more water: Do the same as how to reduce fever for children after vaccination.
– For children to eat more snacks: Because when teething, children will experience a lot of uncomfortable symptoms, itching at the roots, so they always want to find something to bite or suck on. To limit this situation, the mother can give the baby more snacks or use a pacifier, limit the child’s contact with sharp, square objects that can hurt the gums.
– Choose the right clothes for your child: When the clothes are too tight or the blanket is too thick, it will hinder the evaporation of sweat, restricting the metabolism, making the baby feel more uncomfortable and frustrated. Wearing the right clothes will improve blood circulation.
– Divide breastfeeding sessions for the baby: When there is a teething fever, there is often a tendency to lose appetite or not want to breastfeed. To overcome this situation, mothers can increase breastfeeding sessions and divide them into multiple feedings, helping to ensure the necessary amount of nutrition for the baby. If the baby has sore gums and can’t suckle, the mother can express milk or mix formula and feed it to the baby with a spoon.
– Baby massage: This is also an effective way to reduce fever for teething babies. Massage helps to dilate the nerves, increase blood circulation, and reduce the uncomfortable symptoms of fever. Mothers use menthol to massage the baby to help clear the sinuses, clear the respiratory system and bring a sense of relaxation. A simple massage method is that the mother uses essential oils to apply to the temples and left breast of the child and then gently massage.
How to reduce fever for teething babies. (Illustration)
– Baby bath: Bathing can clean bacteria and viruses from the surrounding environment and the child’s body to reduce fever. However, the mother should note that you should take a warm bath and bathe in a place that is sheltered from the wind, take a quick shower and dry, cover your baby’s clothes before letting the baby go out. Do not leave the child in the water for a long time.
Notes on nutrition: During the period of teething fever, children are very likely to have problems with indigestion and loss of appetite. To be able to overcome, the mother can change the diet with milk, powder or diluted porridge, simmered vegetables to make it easier for the baby to eat. Besides, the baby needs nutritional supplements from vitamin C such as grapefruit, oranges, sweet potatoes, green vegetables…will also be very good for children’s teething fever.
Dental hygiene for children: It is necessary to ensure oral hygiene for children during the teething period by giving them filtered water after eating, wiping and brushing their teeth with soft towels, which should be done regularly and several times a day.
Besides, the mother can also take fever-reducing medicine if the baby’s fever is over 38 degrees as prescribed by the doctor. However, after applying these measures, but the baby’s temperature still does not change with some symptoms such as weakness, rash, continuous fever, even convulsions, it may be the cause. from a medical condition other than teething fever. In this case, the mother needs to quickly bring the baby to the doctor for timely diagnosis and treatment.
How to reduce fever for children with COVID
Most children with COVID have no symptoms or mild symptoms such as respiratory infections, digestive disorders, respiratory infections and will recover in about 1-2 weeks. However, unlike normal fever such as teething, vaccination, COVID-19 fever will make parents more worried.
According to specialists, fever is a very common symptom when children have COVID. In case of mild fever, the child will recover on its own in about 1-2 days, but there will also be cases of continuous fever for 3-5 days. Doctors note, at the time the child has a high fever, in addition to using fever-reducing medicine, parents can mix warm water to wipe the baby’s body (in case the temperature allows).
How to reduce fever for children with COVID. (Illustration)
With cold weather and the child in a closed room, you can remove the shirt, just let the child wear warm enough, do not apply warm water. Especially for babies under 3 months old, it is not recommended to use a method to reduce fever by applying warm compresses, but you can remove the baby’s diaper to help reduce the fever.
Parents should also not abuse fever-reducing drugs too much. There are many cases where the child is too worried because the child has not taken fever-reducing medication, so they give him another fever-reducing drug with the hope that his child will immediately reduce his fever, leading to an overdose of fever-reducing medicine.
In addition, children with fever due to COVID will often become dehydrated and tired, lose energy, … they often refuse to eat, vomit, eat very little. In this case, parents need to divide their child’s portion of food and see if the child is vomiting or not, so give priority to the energy-rich food group.
In particular, for children in the obese group, the risk of getting worse will be higher, it is necessary to practice more breathing exercises early, should not wait until the fever is gone and then have a cough to practice.
In the case of taking medicine or other methods to reduce fever for a child, but the child still has a high fever continuously for many days, it is necessary to notify the local health department to take the child to the doctor and do the necessary tests in a timely manner.
at Blogtuan.info – Source: Eva.vn – Read the original article here