As early as 1993, the WHO Institute for Cancer Research classified aflatoxin as a class 1 carcinogen. This is a highly toxic substance that easily causes direct harm to the liver and even increases the risk. serious liver cancer.
Aflatoxin is often found in many familiar foods, especially those that have been fermented and molded. Just 0.36mg of aflatoxin entering the body can cause nausea, vomiting, abdominal distension, liver pain, edema, coma, convulsions and death.
According to WHO, there are 4 foods that need to be thrown away immediately if you do not want to bring aflatoxin into your body that you need to remember carefully.
1. Bitter Sunflower Seeds
Sunflower seeds are a snack that many people enjoy when chatting. But if you eat sunflower seeds with a bitter taste, it is best to stop eating immediately.
In fact, those bitter-tasting sunflower seeds have been bred with the toxin aflatoxin. Their bitter taste comes from the fungus Aspergillus flavus. If swallowed, spit out and rinse mouth with clean water immediately. Also from here, you should use your hands to peel sunflower seeds, not using your teeth to separate seeds, which will make toxins from the seed shells penetrate into the oral cavity faster.
2. Moldy peanuts
Peanuts are also a snack and even appear regularly on the drinking table. However, when eating peanuts, you need to pay attention to whether the surface of the peanuts is moldy, damaged or not. Because peanuts are rich in protein, fat, and carbohydrates, it is an ideal environment for aflatoxin to develop.
In particular, if peanuts are stored in a humid environment, they are more susceptible to infection with the fungus Aspergillus flavus, thereby causing aflatoxin to appear.
3. Mushrooms soaked for a long time
The nutritional value of mushrooms is quite rich, the taste is crispy and fragrant, so it is more and more popular. However, many people do not pay attention to the soaking time of mushrooms. Soaking mushrooms for more than 8 hours can cause mushrooms to mutate and produce harmful bacteria.
More worryingly, when eating mushrooms soaked for a long time, bacteria and microorganisms will have a greater chance of harming the body, leading to organ failure and the appearance of food poisoning symptoms. Therefore, the time to soak mushrooms should not exceed 4 hours and should be thrown away immediately if there is a strange smell!
4. Self-pressing oil
Many self-extracting oil factories and small exporters have the slogan “no additives, pure natural” to attract customers to buy and use. However, when tested, it was found that the acidity, oxidation and other physicochemical parameters in the self-pressing oil exceeded the standard mark a lot.
Don’t buy this poor quality oil for your family to eat!
at Blogtuan.info – Source: Kenh14.Vn – Read the original article here