Russian forces ‘announce Mariupol blockade’, Ukraine mentions ‘red lines’
Petro Andriushchenko, an adviser to the mayor of Mariupol, recently said that Russian forces have announced that they will close the entrance to the city on April 18.
Andriushchenko wrote on the messaging app Telegram on April 17 that Russian forces have begun to issue passports to people moving in the country. Mariupolin southeastern Ukraine, according to CNN.
Two Russian soldiers on April 12 patrol at a theater that was bombed in Mariupol last month
In another announcement on April 16, Andriushchenko said that Russian forces announced Mariupol will be “closed to everyone from April 18, but there will also be a ban on movement around the county for a week” and men will be “screened”.
Moscow claims that Russian forces have almost completely controlled Mariupol, although Ukrainian soldiers are still entrenched in the city and ignored Russia’s ultimatum to lay down their weapons on April 17, according to Reuters. Ukrainian Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal affirmed that soldiers in Mariupol continued to fight to the end despite Russia’s request to surrender at 6 am on April 17 (10 am on 17 April Vietnam time).
|President Zelensky said Ukraine said it was ready to confront Russia despite the 10-year war|
In an interview with CBS on April 17, Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba described the situation in Mariupol as “extreme” and said: “Mariupol can be a red line” in negotiations with the Russian side. He confirmed that there have not been any bilateral diplomatic contacts at the foreign ministry level recently.
On April 16, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky warned that peace talks with Moscow would be canceled if the remaining Ukrainian soldiers in Mariupol were killed. “The removal of our troops (in Mariupol) will end all negotiations. We do not negotiate about our territory and our peoples,” said President Zelensky in an interview on the portal. Ukraine Pravda of Ukraine.
Also on April 17, President Zelensky warned that Russian forces were preparing for an advance in eastern Ukraine, according to CNN. On April 11, a senior Pentagon official said: Russian army is still consolidating its forces and the US does not believe that the great war in Donbass has begun.
|Quick view: Day 53 of the campaign, Russia continues to fire on Kyiv, about to take control of Mariupol|
Earlier on the same day, Advisor to the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine Vadym Denysenko said that the campaign military Russia’s latest in the Donbass region of eastern Ukraine has just begun.
There is currently no information on Russia’s response to the new statements from Ukraine.
at Blogtuan.info – Source: thanhnien.vn – Read the original article here