Hospitalized for using whitening cosmetics
On April 19, Hoan My Da Nang Hospital said that it had just successfully treated patient HTT (62 years old, Da Nang) with grade III anaphylaxis due to the use of whitening cosmetics of unknown origin, ingredients. .
According to the patient, the patient bought cosmetics through an online advertisement to help whiten skin quickly thanks to the skin peeling method. Because the skin is dull, also wants to improve, listen to safe advertising, so the patient buys it to try it. However, after only 5 minutes after applying the cream on the skin on both feet, the skin began to peel off a thin layer, the patient felt the soles of the feet warm, the heart beat rapidly, and the chest pain was intermittent.
The patient washes the skin area that has been in contact with cosmetics with water and immediately goes to the hospital. The patient was diagnosed with grade III allergy and anaphylaxis due to the use of cosmetics of unknown origin.
The patient was then promptly treated by the doctor’s team according to the anaphylactic emergency protocol of the Ministry of Health. After 1 day of treatment, the patient was stable and eligible for discharge. Patients are instructed to continue using prescription drugs, skin care at home.
According to MSc.BSNT Do Hong Son, Department of Intensive Care – Anti-toxicity, this is a case of allergy, grade III anaphylaxis due to the use of beauty cosmetics of unknown origin, the patient if not handled promptly can possibly life-threatening progression.
Dr. Son recommends that people should be careful in choosing cosmetics, especially beauty products, and absolutely do not use untested, untested products of clear origin. Patients should immediately go to the nearest medical facility if they notice unusual symptoms after using drugs and cosmetics for timely treatment.
at Blogtuan.info – Source: danviet.vn – Read the original article here