What is a child with canker sores?
Canker sores are also known as aphthous ulcers. In the mouth appear small and shallow ulcers, usually appearing on the inside of the cheeks, lips, on the tongue or gums scattered or concentrated.
What to do if a child has a cold sore? (Illustration)
The most common shape of these sores is mainly round, oval, gray or light yellow in the center, making it extremely uncomfortable and painful for children, especially when eating and drinking.
Causes of fever in children
There are many causes of canker sores in children. Here are some causes of mouth ulcers in children:
Children with chickenpox: Chickenpox virus can cause sores in the oral mucosa, making the baby uncomfortable and painful.
Children with hand, foot and mouth disease: If you have hand, foot and mouth disease, there will also be signs of ulcers in the roof of the mouth. Therefore, if the baby appears red spots in the mouth or palms, soles of the feet.
– Malnourished children: When the baby is not eating enough or the baby is malnourished, it will also lead to a deficiency of minerals and vitamins such as folic acid, vitamin B12, vitamin C which is also the cause of mouth ulcers.
– Baby with heat in the mouth: If your baby’s body is hot, he will also be prone to sores in his mouth.
– Children with damage to the oral mucosa: This is one of the common causes, due to the baby accidentally biting the inside of the cheek and causing an infection.
– Children with heat damage: If the baby eats and drinks foods that are too hot, it will burn the lining of the mouth, causing ulcers.
Children with canker sores are often very uncomfortable. (Illustration)
How long does it take for a child to have a cold sore?
Canker sores usually cause pain and swelling for a while. In addition, canker sores can make it difficult for your baby to talk or eat, and the sores will usually last for 7-10 days. Small sores heal completely in 1-3 weeks, large ulcers can take up to 6 weeks to heal.
What medicine do children with oral thrush apply?
To know what medicine should be applied to children with canker sores, parents need to take them to the doctor so that the doctor can assess the condition of the baby’s sores and prescribe appropriately. If the canker sores are mild, just daily oral hygiene, combined with some antibiotics, anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory drugs.
Some drugs to treat mouth sores in the form of gel, used to apply to children are also very effective and safe. In addition, the baby also needs to be supplemented with high doses of vitamin A and vitamin C to help quickly regenerate the oral mucosa.
If the child has a sore throat and high fever for a long time, it may not heal for a long time, there may be an abscess in the mouth, diffuse inflammation and make the infection worse, requiring high doses of antibiotics or check for bacteremia. However, if you want to take any medicine, parents must consult a doctor.
Children often cry constantly when they have mouth sores. (Illustration)
What should children with canker sores eat?
When the baby has a sore throat, the mother should give the baby liquid foods (porridge, soup), foods that are cool, easy to eat, and easy to absorb. Mothers should divide meals during the day to help ensure nutrition for the baby. Some foods that are suitable for babies with canker sores, mothers can refer to such as:
– Black beans, green beans, lotus seeds: These foods have cooling properties, help clear heat and detoxify the body.
– Yogurt: Yogurt is a probiotic food that helps fight bacteria in the mouth and reduces ulcers. You can combine yogurt with aloe vera or some other cool fruit. In addition to yogurt, babies can also drink fresh milk to ensure nutrition.
– Eat or drink vegetables to clear heat such as: Lettuce, centella asiatica, carrot, spinach, white radish, amaranth, pineapple, papaya, apple, pear, cherry…
– Fruit juices: Tomato juice, beet juice,…
For infants who are still breastfed and have not eaten solids, mothers should actively breastfeed their babies to help them increase their resistance and immune system. In addition, when the baby has a sore throat, the mother should not give the baby hot spicy foods, soft drinks, acidic foods (oranges, lemons, tangerines, grapefruits), hot fruits (litchi, etc.) longan, peach, plum, custard apple, durian, mango, guava, rambutan, na…).
When does a child with a sore throat need to be taken to the hospital?
Mouth sores will usually subside and heal completely within 7-14 days, so if this condition persists for more than 14 days. This is also the time when the mother should take her baby to a specialist.
What should children with canker sores eat? (Illustration)
How to prevent canker sores in children
The treatment of canker sores in children is not difficult. However, this is a disease that causes pain, discomfort and anorexia that will cause concern for parents. Canker sores can be prevented by the following measures:
– Make a healthy diet for children and full of nutrients such as fruits, vegetables, cereals.
– Implement a mode of moderate living, eating, sleeping and playing at the right time, keeping the spirit comfortable.
– Daily oral hygiene for children, teach them to gargle with dilute salt water to disinfect and clean the oral cavity and throat. Instruct your child to brush his teeth properly so as not to injure the oral mucosa.
– Do not let your baby suck on sharp objects or put toys or put his hands in his mouth.
– Do not force the child to eat, it will make the child afraid of stirring, easy to eat on the tongue, causing damage to the mouth.
at Blogtuan.info – Source: Eva.vn – Read the original article here