Sức Khỏe

Ho Chi Minh City: The boy suddenly swallowed an iron spring and had to go to the emergency room

A 9-year-old boy at home, suddenly swallowed an iron spring, had a blockage in his throat, so he had to go to the emergency room.

April 22, Ho Chi Minh City Ear, Nose Throat Hospital said that the hospital received a male patient with LTDM (9 years old, living in District 3, Ho Chi Minh City) because of sore throat and throat obstruction due to swallowing iron springs.

The iron spring is in the throat of the patient

bvcc

The baby was admitted to the hospital in a state of consciousness, his vital signs were good, he had no laryngeal dyspnea, and no infiltration syndrome was recorded.

When the doctor examined the pharynx, the baby did not cooperate and did not see a foreign body. Chest X-ray results and X-ray When the neck is tilted, it is discovered that the foreign body is an iron spring obstructed in the neck.

The patient was given basic tests, Covid-19 test and moved the operating room to the Covid-19 area to check for foreign bodies.

The doctors conducted laryngoscopy with a laryngoscope, and found that the foreign body was iron springs There are 2 claws, each 3 cm long, 1 pin is attached to the back wall of the pharynx, 1 is located at 3 o’clock position of the epiglottis. The doctors carefully took out the iron spring, the mucosa was scratched in the back wall of the throat and the epiglottis.

After taking out the iron spring, health The baby’s is stable.

You are reading the article Ho Chi Minh City: The boy suddenly swallowed an iron spring and had to go to the emergency room

at Blogtuan.info – Source: thanhnien.vn – Read the original article here

Back to top button