The PS5’s DualSense controller was able to update firmware via a PC’s USB connection.
According to VCG, Sony has announced that DualSense controllers can now receive firmware updates via a PC connection.
|DualSense was able to update firmware via PC|
This will save PC players from needing to connect their controller to their PlayStation 5 to update. Players can download new software on Windows named ‘Firmware updater for DualSense wireless controller‘ to perform the update, download it at www.controller.dl.playstation.net/controller/lang/en/fwupdater.html
The way the software works is that it allows players to connect a DualSense controller to a PC via a USB port, then download the latest firmware update from Sony’s servers and apply it to the controller.
Previously, players could only update the firmware for DualSense through the PS5, but with the new software, there is no longer a need to own a PS5 to be able to use DualSense on PC and update it. News This is especially useful for people who like to play PlayStation games through the PC port, something Sony has begun to embrace over the past few years.
Steps to update DualSense controller firmware via PC:
· Download new Sony support software to your computer.
· Launch the installation file and follow the instructions. During the installation process, you may receive a request to download additional software required.
· After installation, launch the software.
· Use a USB cable to connect the controller to the PC, then follow the on-screen instructions to initiate the update. Note do not turn off the computer during the update process.
· When the update is complete, a message will appear. Select OK to end the process.
You are reading the article PC players can update DualSense’s firmware without PS5