Shrimp paste is known as one of the popular fish sauce that many people love. You can find shrimp paste in many places, each region will have different ways of making and processing fish sauce. In particular, this type of fish sauce can be used to process many different delicious dishes, including minced meat and shrimp paste.
Together with Chef Eva, learn the recipe for making super delicious shrimp paste right here.
Shredded pork with shrimp paste is a delicious dish that is loved by many people
first What is the difference between shrimp paste and shrimp paste?
As we all know, shrimp paste is a type of fish sauce made from fermented shrimp. There are many questions surrounding the name of this type of fish sauce, including the question of how is shrimp paste and shrimp paste different?
In fact, shrimp paste and shrimp paste are both made from the shrimp family. However, ordinary shrimp paste will be made from copper shrimp with a similar shape to a small shrimp and has an earthy brown color. And fish sauce will be made from shrimp living in the sea, pink in color, it is also known by another name as prey, sea shrimp.
Shrimp (left) and sea shrimp (right)
Depending on the region, each locality, shrimp paste and fish sauce will have different names. There are places where shrimp paste is called fish sauce, and there are places where they are classified as two separate types of fish sauce.
2 How to make minced meat with shrimp paste
Regardless of the name of this type of fish sauce, shrimp paste is still the main condiment of many dishes, including minced meat with shrimp paste.
2.1. Ingredients for making minced meat with shrimp paste
- Pork belly: 500g
- Shrimp paste: 50g
- Ginger: 1 piece
- Lemongrass: 2 pieces
- Red onion, dried garlic: 1 each
- Galangal: 1 small tuber
- Fresh chili: 3
- Sugar, fish sauce, pepper, main noodles
Good tip: There are many different types of pork on the market today. To buy delicious fresh meat, you should pay attention to:
- About color: Choose pieces of meat with a bright pink color, the surface of the meat is slightly astringent.
- The elasticity of the piece of meat: Gently press your finger into the meat to check for elasticity. If the hand is released and the meat returns to its original state quickly, it is fresh meat. On the contrary, if the fingerprints are imprinted for a long time, the meat should not be purchased.
- Odor: Meat has a fresh smell, if you find it strange, you should not buy it.
- If there are red spots, hematomas or bruises on the skin of the meat, this is a sign of sick pigs, absolutely do not buy.
2.2. How to make delicious minced meat with shrimp paste
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients
- Buy pork belly, wash and then mince it. Usually, women will choose pre-ground type at the market or supermarket. However, to make a delicious dish of shrimp paste, Chef Eva recommends you to mince it yourself at home. This preliminary processing helps the meat into small pieces without being too crushed, which will taste better when eaten.
- Lemongrass, red onion and dried garlic, minced galangal. Chopped chili.
Step 2: Marinate the pork
- After minced pork, you put it in a bowl. Add here a little minced galangal, ⅓ teaspoon of sugar, ½ teaspoon of fish sauce, a little pepper, a little of the main noodles and mix well. Marinate the meat for about 30 minutes to infuse the flavors.
Step 3: Stir-fry the meat
- Put a clean pan on the stove and add about ½ teaspoon of cooking oil. Note, the pork belly already has fat, so you don’t need to put too much oil in it.
- When the oil is hot, add the minced onion, garlic, and lemongrass and fry until golden.
- When the mixture of onions, garlic, and lemongrass is fragrant, pour in the previously marinated pork and stir well.
- Pork is cooked very quickly, at this point you add 50g of prepared shrimp paste, 1 teaspoon of fish sauce and 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Use chopsticks to stir well to let the meat infuse the spices for about 5 minutes.
- When the meat in the pan is cooked and fragrant, add minced chili to the island a few times and then turn off the heat.
Good tip: Tasty shrimp paste will have a natural red-brown color, when smelling the aroma of shrimp and rice. When tasting, the fish sauce has a sweet and slightly sour taste, the taste is not too harsh is standard.
Step 4: Completing the dish of minced meat with shrimp paste
Ladle the cooked meat and shrimp paste into a deep dish or small bowl and serve with hot rice.
The part of the meat has an extremely eye-catching color, when eating, you can feel the sweet and greasy taste of pork, a bit of typical flavor of shrimp paste and spices.
This dish will be more wonderful if you go with a dish of boiled vegetables. You can do a lot to use gradually. Put the meat in a glass jar with a tight lid and then store it in the refrigerator until it’s time to eat.
3 How many calories are in boiled meat with shrimp paste?
Meat cooked with shrimp paste is delicious and brings rice, but the amount of calories it provides the body is not moderate. According to the calculation of nutritionists, for every 100g of cooked meat with shrimp paste, there are about 465 calories.
This is not a small calorie content, for those who are losing weight and dieting, do not eat much lest the weight gain uncontrollably.
In addition to the high calorie content, there are many healthy nutrients in shrimp paste, including protein. This type of protein is very “friendly” so it is easily absorbed by the body and is safe and not harmful.
However, if you do not know how to process and preserve shrimp paste, it is easy to produce harmful bacteria. Moreover, the amount of salt in shrimp paste is too much, if abused, it is easy to cause diseases related to heart, blood pressure, kidney …
4 How long does the minced meat with shrimp paste keep?
The meat with shrimp paste is delicious, easy to eat and can be kept for many days. That’s why you usually make it once and then store it in the refrigerator. Easy to eat, convenient, very good for busy days that don’t have time to go to the kitchen.
So how long can this dish of shrimp paste fish be kept? How to preserve?
4.1. How long can minced meat with shrimp paste be preserved?
The preservation time of minced meat and shrimp paste will range from 3 to 10 days. Depending on the environmental conditions as well as the preservation method of each family, the shelf life will vary.
- Store minced meat with shrimp paste at normal temperature
If you leave the jar of homemade shrimp paste in a normal temperature environment, the storage time can last from 3 to 5 days if the weather is cool. In case of hot weather, high temperature, you must put the meat in the refrigerator.
- Store minced meat with shrimp paste in the refrigerator
In the case of storage in the refrigerator compartment, the minced meat can be kept for about 7-10 days.
Note, in order to prolong the storage time, the jar containing the shrimp paste must be tightly sealed, avoiding the smell of the surrounding food and creating conditions for bacteria to multiply.
4.2. How to preserve minced meat with shrimp paste?
If you want to keep meat cooked with shrimp paste for a long time, you need to master the following basic notes:
- The temperature factor is very important in determining the shelf life of food. On cold days, you can leave the meat cooked with shrimp paste outside in a normal environment. However, on a sunny day, the meat should be stored in the refrigerator.
- Do not expose the dish to direct sunlight. Do not place in places with erratic temperature changes such as near gas stoves, ovens, etc.
- When taking out the minced meat with shrimp paste to eat, you should use separate chopsticks and spoons. Insert spoons and chopsticks only when they have been dried.
- Close the lid of the jar every time you take it out.
Just now is how to make minced meat with shrimp paste and notes when processing and preserving dishes that every woman should know. Visit Eva Kitchen every day to update the recipe good food Please. Good luck!
at Blogtuan.info – Source: Eva.vn – Read the original article here