Elizabeth Olsen, playing Wanda/Scarlet Witch in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, talked to VnExpress about the blockbuster “Doctor Strange 2”.
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (The Ultimate Wizard in the Chaos Multiverse) is the Hollywood blockbuster that opened this summer movie season. The work is set in time after the events in Spider-Man: No Way Home. Film marks the seventh time Elizabeth Olsen as a powerful sorceress.
– What do you say about the return of the character Wanda/Scarlet Witch in this episode?
– I’m so excited when everyone gets to see it Doctor Strange 2. I think this movie marks a major transition for the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The characters that the audience was very familiar with will have new journeys, and at the same time, many new characters will appear.
– I flew to London to participate in this project just two days before the end of filming for the miniseries “WandaVision”. How does it feel to be constantly attached to Wanda’s life?
– I love it. I feel like with WandaVision, I had the opportunity to spend more time with the character in a way I never had before. I understand her more clearly. When I entered the project Doctor Strange 2, WandaVision not yet completed. Therefore, I have to express this character’s voice in a way that shows that there is a connection between the two works.
– The scene that excites you the most?
– The character Wanda/Scarlet Witch has the ability to fly. I enjoyed this experience on set because it was so cool. Of course, I’m always strapped in when filming stunts. In this episode, I had to stand on a high scaffold and there was a man standing on the ladder who would do the job to make me feel like I was floating in the air.
– What do you think about the existence of the multiverse, where people have different versions of parallel universes, like what is depicted in “Doctor Strange 2”?
– The interesting thing about this movie, which I believe people can think about after watching, is the idea of the multiverse. I don’t know if I can believe that. But one thing I believe every decision we made in the past has led us to the present moment.
I love the idea that a certain time or decision – like whether you go to college or get into a relationship – can lead you to different pasts. When we watch this movie, we can think about what “if-then” things happen in each person’s life.
– She played the role of Wanda/Scarlet Witch for eight years, in six films of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the miniseries “WandaVision”. What do you remember from the first day you transformed into this character?
– I was so scared when I started filming Avengers: Age of Ultron 2014 and the first scene was the battle at the end of the movie. I’ve never been on set to shoot explosions like the whole town being destroyed. I was amazed by the visual effects of that scene.
– After playing the role of Wanda/Scarlet Witch for the first time since 2014, she became a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and was given this role without casting in later episodes. But in your acting career, which casting is the most memorable for you?
– I like to audition and don’t hesitate or feel pressured. But the time I remember the most was when I auditioned for a role in a drama Game of Thrones. It was an unpleasant experience because I was very young at the time. I was in the small room with the casting assistant. Since I didn’t have a lot of context to show for the acting, I think it was one of the worst castings of my career so far.
Elizabeth Olsen was born in 1989, the younger sister of famous twins Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen. In 2011, she had her first acting role in an independent movie Martha Marcy May Marlene critically acclaimed.
Elizabeth Olsen became a global star when she played the powerful sorceress Wanda/Scarlet Witch in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, starting with the episode Avengers: Age of Ultron debuted in 2015. In 2021, her role in the miniseries WandaVision was nominated for a Golden Globe in the category “Best Actress in a Miniseries”. Elizabeth Olsen got engaged to Milo Greene singer Robbie Arnett in the summer of 2019, after three years of dating.
Nguyen Minh perform
at Blogtuan.info – Source: vnexpress.net – Read the original article here