Hospitalized emergency due to ‘pet’ is a venomous snake attack
Buy snakes to make…’pet‘ without the family’s knowledge, a 13-year-old child in Hanoi had just received emergency treatment due to this snake bite.
The family said that, 2 weeks before admission, the child hid from his family and ordered home-raised vipers online. On the afternoon of 3.5, when the child changed the cage for the snake, he got sick snake bite to the index finger. At this time, the family “new” knew that the child kept 3 snakes in the box and even hid it in the closet. The family immediately took the child to the National Children’s Hospital for emergency.
Doctors from the Emergency Department of Anti-Poison – National Children’s Hospital treat children bitten by snakes
Dr. Dr. Le Ngoc Duy, Head of Emergency Medicine and Poison Control, Central Children’s Hospital, said that the patient (patient) was admitted to the hospital in a state of consciousness but tired, his right hand was swollen, bruised, and his index finger was bleeding. , hurt. According to the patient’s account, the red-tailed viper bitten his right index finger. “The snake that the boy keeps as a pet is one of the most venomous snakes,” said Dr. Duy.
At the hospital, the patient was immediately treated with an infusion serous anti-viper venom, anti-inflammatory and antibiotic to prevent wound infection… After 3 days of active treatment, health BN is gradually stabilizing.
Red-tailed viper that children raise
Dr. Duy emphasized, red-tailed viper It is one of the most powerful venomous snakes. Its level of toxicity is second only to snakes Cobra. There are more than 20 different components in snake venom. The bite of this snake usually causes a lot of bleeding and swelling very quickly.
When bitten by a red-tailed viper, the victim may experience phenomena such as bleeding that is difficult to stop, blood clotting disorders, edema, necrosis, cardiovascular collapse, which can cause rapid death (due to anaphylaxis). or leave serious sequelae.
Parents need to regularly take care of their children, explain to them and understand that snakes should not be kept as “pets” in the house, in order to avoid affecting or causing harm to the health of the owners and relatives. mine
The anti-poison expert noted that unlike dogs, cats and birds, which are familiar pets, snakes pose many dangers, especially for young children who buy snakes to raise their own homes.
In addition, snakes are carnivorous animals, often suffering from parasitic diseases such as worms, flukes, ticks, fungal skin diseases, oral fungus that are easily transmitted to humans if they come into contact with snakes every day. The food of snakes is geckos, mice … intermediate animals that cause diseases for humans such as plague, which are very dangerous to humans. In particular, children who raise venomous snakes such as red-tailed vipers can be bitten, which can be life-threatening.
From the above risks, Dr. Duy recommends: “Parents need to regularly care for their children, explain to children and understand that snakes should not be kept as “pets” in the house, in order to avoid affecting them. or cause harm to the health of the breeder and his or her relatives”.
at Blogtuan.info – Source: thanhnien.vn – Read the original article here