Mr. David Warren, 70 years old, from Merseyside, England has 1 dog of the breed Boxer dog (also known as boxer dog) named Ben, 2 years old. This is a fighting dog breed originating from Europe by crossbreeding with Bun dogs. Normally, Ben is a very gluttonous dog, but recently, for unknown reasons, this pet dog suddenly stopped wanting to eat and lost weight, making Mr. David extremely worried.
Normally, Ben is a hyperactive and gluttonous Boxer dog.
Finally, Mr. David took Ben to the clinic to see if he had any health problems, then was surprised by the doctor’s endoscopy results, which showed a bunch of round objects lying in his abdomen. this pet dog. As it turned out, they were golf balls with a diameter of 4 cm. However, the strange thing is that Ben has swallowed up to 16 golf balls, leaving his stomach almost empty.
“One day Ben was sick and he had golf balls in his stomach. However, I never thought he would eat these balls, I just think because we live near the golf course he played with a few. It’s just a golf ball,” said David.
Ben has swallowed up to 16 golf balls in his stomach.
“I was terrified when the doctor told me about the balls in his stomach. They said it was a golf ball and I thought he only swallowed one or two, but they said, no, he swallowed 16 of them. I couldn’t believe it. I’m not a golfer so these must be stray balls he found and swallowed. This also shows the level of golfers in this locality. how good,” said Mr. David humorously.
In the end, Ben had to undergo a two-hour emergency surgery to remove the ball and David praised the doctors at Northwest Veterinary Specialists for their dedication.
Fortunately, Ben’s health is now recovering.
“They made me laugh a lot when they gave me a bag of golf balls to take home after surgery. Now I can see the funny side of it, but back then the situation was serious and no joke. where,” David added.
Now, Mr. David is teaching the naughty dog not to swallow foreign objects such as branches or balls.
“I tried to encourage him to play with tennis balls. I would buy him soccer balls to play with, because he wouldn’t be able to swallow something that big,” said David.
Meanwhile, Dylan Payne, a surgeon at Northwest, said: “We did a gastroscopy and it showed a large blockage due to golf balls, lots of playing balls. golf.
Ben’s stomach was so full that we needed an urgent surgery to get the balls out. This is a relatively common, low-risk surgery, but taking out so many golf balls is unique, too much for a Boxer. The surgery was a success and Ben is back home healthy and gaining weight again.”
According to Mirror
at Blogtuan.info – Source: Soha.vn – Read the original article here