Speaking of the delicious, sweet and sour taste, biting the roots of each white segment of mangosteen will bring you endless aftertaste. However, mangosteen has a hard, thick skin, the weight of the peel is not light. There are even fruits that look beautiful but peeled off.
Mangosteen is in season, if you want to choose delicious, thick, smooth white mangosteen, don’t ignore these 3 tips. Apply every time you go to buy mangosteen, make sure you choose all the delicious fruits at the stall.
How to distinguish sticky mangosteen and sticky mangosteen?
One of the tips to buy mangosteen is based on choosing the type of sticky or sticky fruit. For many women, this must be new news. However, experienced people buying mangosteen said that sticky mangosteen is more delicious than plain mangosteen.
Sticky mangosteen has a better taste and sweeter pulp. To distinguish sticky and non-glutinous mangosteen, you can look at the green ears on the fruit stalk. The fruits with less than 5 green ears are usually the sticky mangosteen and the sticky mangosteen with 6 ears.
In addition, the mangosteen fruit blooms evenly, the large size is sticky mangosteen and the smaller mangosteen is ordinary mangosteen (not counting the fruit).
How to choose fresh, thick mangosteen
1. If the color of the petals at the bottom of the fruit turns brown or black, the mangosteen is no longer fresh and may rot inside. The more petals at the bottom of the fruit, the more pods inside. If the number of petals is small, the inner part is pale and flat.
2. The skin color of high-quality mangosteen is usually purple-red. They are not only thick and juicy, but also have a strong mangosteen flavor. Poor quality fruit is darker in color, dry and less watery.
3. When choosing mangosteen can be based on the level of elasticity of the fruit. Press on the peel, if you see the elasticity quickly, the fruit is fresh. If you press on it and the shell is hard and has no elasticity, then this type should not be purchased.
4. The green ears on the stem stretch, if not wilted, the mangosteen fruit is still fresh. If the ears wilt or turn yellow-brown, the fruit has been stored for a long time and may still be rotten inside.
Notes to preserve fresh mangosteen for a long time
1. Mangosteen skins look thick, but their texture is not so sturdy. The moisture inside the fruit is volatile. Therefore, if you buy a lot and don’t eat it all, you can use food wrap to cover it, put it in a zip bag or a food container. Place in the fridge and eat within a week.
2. To preserve mangosteen, it is best to use a zip bag and remove all the air in the bag. As a result, it can prevent oxidation, helping mangosteen to stay fresh longer.
3. Mangosteen should not be washed before sealing. Because the water will seep in, the mangosteen will rot faster. Besides, in addition to the fruit peel, there is always a natural protective layer, if you wash the fruit, that protective film is no longer there, making the fruit spoil faster.
Is the yellow liquid/mucus in the mangosteen fruit edible?
Many people when buying Mangosteen Usually there is a tiny liquid clinging to the outer skin of the fruit. In addition, when peeling the fruit and seeing that the inside is also yellow, I wonder if such a fruit can be eaten.
This yellow liquid is actually the sap that flows out during the growth of the mangosteen. Fresh and ripe fruits are available. At the same time this is a fruit picked from a perennial tree. They can still eat normally.
However, if the liquid is yellow-green or yellow-brown with a sour or foul odor, the fruit is spoiled. It is necessary to remove immediately, such mangosteen should not be used.
Hopefully, with the above useful information, you can confidently show your talent to choose delicious mangosteen. Mangosteen is not cheap, bought a lot of broken, isn’t it so heartwarming?
Wish you buy mangosteen thick fruit, delicious flavor!
at Blogtuan.info – Source: Afamily.vn – Read the original article here