Kiev says Moscow lost 27,400 troops, Russia asserts that Ukraine has suffered heavy losses
Kiyv Independent page, citing a statement from the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine, added that, as of May 15, Kiev forces also destroyed 2,958 armored personnel carriers, 13 warships, 555 artillery pieces, and 416 aircraft. unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), 195 multiple rocket launchers, 89 anti-tank systems, 95 cruise missiles, 42 special equipment and 2,087 Russian military vehicles.
On May 15 alone, the Ukrainian Air Force Command announced that it had shot down 11 targets of Russia in the air, including 2 helicopters, 7 Orlan-10 UAVs and 2 cruise missiles.
Meanwhile, the Ukrainian joint task force reported that Russian forces raided 23 residential areas in the eastern regions of Donetsk and Luhansk, destroying and damaging 32 buildings. Kiev forces claimed to have resisted 17 attacks on these areas during the day, destroying 3 tanks, a cannon, 6 armored fighting vehicles and a motor vehicle.
Moscow has not yet responded to the information given by the Ukrainian military.
NATO leaders believe Ukraine can defeat Russia
In an online interview with the press on May 15, Secretary-General of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) Jens Stoltenberg expressed his belief that “Ukraine can win this war”.
“Russia’s war in Ukraine is not going as planned by Moscow. They have failed to take Kiev. They are retreating from the Kharkiv area, their major offensive in the Donbass has stalled. Russia is not achieve its strategic goals,” said Mr. Stoltenberg.
According to CNN, NATO Secretary General praised the fierce resistance of the Ukrainians, and affirmed that allies have committed and provided security assistance packages worth billions of dollars to help the Eastern European country. do this.
Earlier on the same day, the British Ministry of Defense also released an intelligence report that said that Russia had suffered many losses and may have lost a third of the ground combat force deployed to neighboring countries since the war. outbreak on February 24.
Russia claims to have caused great damage to the Ukrainian army
On the contrary, the Russian side claimed to have caused the Ukrainian forces heavy losses. Major General Igor Konashenkov, spokesman for the Russian Defense Ministry, said that in the past 24 hours alone, the country’s air defense systems destroyed 15 Kiev UAVs, intercepted one Tochka-U tactical missile and 11 missiles. Smerch fire.
The Tass news agency quoted Konashenkov as adding that Russian artillery and missile units hit more than 140 Ukrainian targets, including six command posts, 123 gathering points of forces and military equipment, and 13 artillery battery.
According to the spokesperson, since the beginning fight, Moscow forces destroyed a total of 879 UAVs, 3,098 tanks and armored vehicles, 381 multiple rocket launchers, 306 anti-aircraft missile systems, 1,525 artillery and mortar guns, 165 aircraft, 125 helicopters as well as 2,934 special military vehicles of Ukraine. However, he did not mention Russia’s estimate of the number of Ukrainian soldiers killed in the battle.
Other notable news on the Russia-Ukraine conflict:
– Ukrainian officials say Russian troops are intensifying their offensive in the east and withdrawing in the north of the country. Kiev forces are conducting a counter-attack to push back the Russians in Kharkiv and the first battalion has already reached the Russian border area.
– Finnish President Sauli Niinisto said on May 15 that his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin appeared calm when he informed him of Finland’s intention to join NATO in a phone call a day earlier. Mr. Niinisto said he was surprised by Mr. Putin’s reaction, but was cautious because in terms of security policy “we don’t always understand the intentions of the other’s words”.
– A cyberattack on the website of the city council of Lviv, western Ukraine resulted in data being stolen and eventually published on Telegram channels affiliated with Russia. According to the Guardian newspaper, the incident happened over the weekend, at the same time Italian police prevented attacks by hacker groups on the Eurovision song contest.
– Kalush Orchestra, the Ukrainian band that won the Eurovision final on May 14, is auctioning the championship trophy to raise funds to support the Ukrainian army.
– Ukrainian authorities are conducting at least 10 rape investigations involving Russian soldiers, and are calling on other victims to come forward to report the crime.
at Blogtuan.info – Source: vietnamnet.vn – Read the original article here