May 16, 2022 07:55 GMT+7
Pineapple is a fruit that is loved by many people, has the effect of preventing cardiovascular disease, but it can still cause allergies and poisoning.
First aid because of pineapple
Mr. Nguyen Trung Kien (Hanoi) shared last month that he and his wife went to the South to play. After having lunch, everyone started buying pineapple for dessert. As a result, only 5 people, only Mr. Kien and his sister ate pineapple. After 30 minutes, they vomited, had abdominal pain… When entering the medical facility, the doctor said pineapple poisoning.
Ms. Nguyen Thi Canh (Hung Ha, Thai Binh), said that the experience of eating pineapple from the past is that when you finish peeling the pineapple, keep the skin so that if you have a stomachache, if you are drunk with pineapple, cook the pineapple juice to drink. Once, her son Canh was poisoned by pineapple with stomachache, nausea and she immediately took the pineapple peel to cook water for him to drink.
According to Dr. Hoang Sam – President of the Institute of Indigenous Medicine of Vietnam, pineapple has many effects on the health of children. Pineapple is an excellent source of vitamin C. Some studies have shown that, in pineapple, there are phenolic acids that have antibacterial, anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory effects.
Meanwhile, flavonoids not only have the same effect, but also have protective and curative effects on cardiovascular disease.
|Eating pineapple is good, but it can cause allergies and poisoning.|
Additionally, pineapple is a juicy and refreshing fruit that can help provide water and unique nutrients like bromelain. Bromelain is a group of enzymes in pineapple fruit and stems that break down proteins. The calories in pineapple are on par with other fruits. In addition, pineapple has a lot of compounds that are good for health.
However, pineapple can cause adverse reactions for some people. Body reactions include irritation (burning or pain) in the mouth due to pineapple’s bromelain content and acidic pH; oral allergy syndrome such as itching or swelling; and in rare cases, anaphylaxis wheezing or not breathing.
Dr. Sam said pineapple intoxication or pineapple poisoning is caused by an allergy to the fungus Candida trepicalis located in the eyes of the pineapple, especially crushed pineapple. The main symptoms of pineapple poisoning include vomiting, diarrhea, itching, hives, and difficulty breathing such as coughing, asthma, and bronchial constriction. In shock, the patient has cold skin, rapid pulse, and low blood pressure.
For patients with pineapple poisoning, Dr. Sam said that when going to the medical facility to determine pineapple poisoning, the doctor will prescribe fluids according to the state of dehydration due to vomiting and diarrhea, but it should be noted that the cardiovascular collapse is also due to allergic shock. , sometimes without dehydration but still have vasospasm. If necessary, monitor central venous pressure for fluids. Treatment of allergic shock according to the protocol of the Ministry of Health.
According to folk experience, when you have an allergic reaction, you must avoid cold water and wind, but keep warm and use a warm cloth to apply it to the rash, and at the same time give a decoction of 100g pineapple peel with 20g licorice or Wood ear in 3 bowls of water (600ml) and 1 bowl (200ml).
To prevent pineapple poisoning, when buying pineapple should only choose fresh, intact, not crushed, rotten boots. Peel the eyes deeply and eat immediately. Do not eat a lot at once causing burning of the tongue, should eat when full to avoid feeling gut-wrenching.
People with bleeding diseases or at risk of bleeding (nosebleeds, dengue fever, large wounds, bleeding women…) should not eat pineapple.
To avoid allergies, after peeling the pineapple, cut it into pieces and put it in light salt water to soak for about 10 minutes, proteolytic enzymes will be inhibited in the salt water.
Children when eating pineapple for the first time should eat in small quantities and be closely monitored by their parents for signs of allergy above.
People with pineapple allergy should not eat unprocessed pineapple. If cooked thoroughly, denatured bromelain can be eaten without symptoms. In case of an allergic reaction, immediately take to the nearest medical facility. If anaphylaxis is suspected, adrenaline must be given immediately according to the instructions of the Ministry of Health.
at Blogtuan.info – Source: infonet.vietnamnet.vn – Read the original article here