Is it because concubines can’t have twins? Of course not, the truth behind makes many people feel very harsh.
1. Having “twins” is unlucky
Unlike today, in ancient times, many people who were very superstitious, especially the Royal Family in the highest position, paid more attention to this aspect. At that time, ancient royalty believed that “twins” were bad luck.
The twin concubine, afraid of bringing bad luck and being criticized by everyone around, so the way to deal with this is quite cruel. If twins are discovered after birth, one of the babies will be killed. Some unbearable emperor or concubine would secretly send one of the twins to a place where no one could find them. In this way, not only can you save your own child’s life, but it can also save the prosperity and wealth of one of the children.
2. “Twins” Affect Inheritance
In the ancient royal family, things like power and status were inherited from generation to generation under a very strict set of rules. The eldest son is the first child born by the first wife, if there are twins, it can cause confusion in this inheritance system and is not conducive to the consolidation of status. So to protect this system and its majesty, “twins” will not be allowed. Especially for the children of the royal family, if they are twins, it is likely that they will later usurp the throne, causing socio-political instability.
However, there are also some surviving royal twins in unofficial records. In the book “History of the Ming Dynasty”, Ho Thi – the wife of So Cung Vuong (the 26th king of the country of So) gave birth to twin princes Hoa Khue and Hoa Bich. Although neither of them had a chance to become Emperor, compared to other royal twins, their lives were considered the happiest in ancient Chinese history.
In addition, there is also another case of male-female twins, called thai Long Phuong. According to “Northern Qi”, Empress Lau Thi gave birth to King Cao Hoan a pair of twins, a prince and a princess, both of whom were raised and loved by the king.
3. Outdated health care
Due to the backward medical conditions in ancient times, even if born into the royal family, there is also a risk of having dysplasia, especially twins, the physical strength of these children is extremely weak, so often the following twins will die prematurely when born. Therefore, in order to avoid letting outsiders know, we will not use official history records, so of course there will be no such information.
4. Poor health and nutrition are not conducive to having twins
Although in the Royal Family, the living conditions and health of the ancients also had many aspects that were difficult to compare with our modern times, even Hoang had to “favor” many concubines, leading to sperm quality. not good, the fetal development in the womb is also not the best, which will affect the possibility of forming twins.
Twin pregnancy what?
Conceptually, a twin pregnancy is a state in which two babies are growing in the womb at the same time. It can be said that a twin pregnancy is quite rare, because usually only one egg is released in each menstrual cycle. Once the egg is fertilized, it develops into an embryo and usually only one baby is born.
According to explanations from experts, twin pregnancy usually occurs in the following 2 cases:
– In case of fraternal twins: 2 eggs are released at the same time to fertilize 2 sperm, then there will be 2 embryos simultaneously developing in the uterus, creating a twin pregnancy. In general, except for a few insignificant similarities, in two fraternal twins, most of them are big differences in shape and personality and different sexes.
– In case of identical twins: An egg and a sperm participate in fertilization. However, when they enter the division process, they separate into 2 completely independent zygotes. This results in 2 embryos developing into 2 fetuses. Unlike fraternal twins, 2 babies in the case of identical twins have many similar characteristics in terms of shape, personality and gender.
at Blogtuan.info – Source: Eva.vn – Read the original article here