Symptoms of stomach cancer are similar to other stomach diseases, so patients are often subjective and only go to the doctor when the disease is serious.
The recent case of a 67-year-old male patient (HCMC) is a typical example. Due to feeling tired, full of stomach, indigestion, the patient rushed to the hospital.
At the hospital, the patient was assigned a gastroscopy, the results showed that in the upright part of the small curvature of the body, there was a tumor 3cm in diameter. After biopsy of the tumor and pathology, it was found that the patient had gastric cancer in the body region.
According to the assessment of the treating doctor Le Huy Luu, in charge of the operation of the Department of Gastroenterology, although the diameter is quite large, the depth of the stomach wall is not much. After consultation, the doctors determined that the patient’s entire stomach must be removed.
Doctors performed laparoscopic gastrectomy. During surgery, the patient was endoscopically both inside the stomach and outside the abdomen to accurately measure the distance from the tumor to the intended site of surgery.
“The surgery was successful, met cancer safety standards and still preserved a part of the upper stomach. The patient recovered after surgery with digestive function not significantly affected, the results. Post-operative pathology also shows that it is safe in terms of cancer,” said Dr.
Doctors recommend that people check their health as soon as they detect some of the following signs of stomach cancer:
– Weight loss: This is one of the basic symptoms when have cancer stomach. Weight loss occurs rapidly when the disease enters an advanced stage, even losing up to 15% of body weight in just 3 months.
– Stomachache: Starting with intermittent pain, however, abdominal pain will become more severe when the patient enters the later stages of stomach cancer, even taking medicine does not reduce..
– Anorexia: Common symptoms in stomach cancer patients, accompanied by difficulty swallowing, the feeling that food is always blocked in the throat.
– Full stomach after eating: Patients often have a feeling of fullness, discomfort and nausea after eating.
– Vomiting blood: When vomiting blood occurs frequently, we also need to consider the possibility of stomach cancer.
– Black stools: Most of these symptoms will appear in people with stomach ulcers as a sign that the disease may have turned into cancer.
at Blogtuan.info – Source: 24h.com.vn – Read the original article here