Should people with stomach pain eat bananas and papayas?
Banana: The fruit is considered an easy food to eat, the active ingredient pectin in bananas helps to balance and stabilize the digestive system. Bananas also have the ability to neutralize acid in the stomach, helping to reduce the risk of swelling and ulcers in the stomach and intestines. It is best to eat ripe bananas after eating to neutralize stomach acid and protect the stomach lining.
Papaya: In papaya contains the enzyme papain, which is beneficial for the digestive system, helping to limit viruses and bacteria that cause disease, which can support stomach pain. In addition, papaya also creates a pleasant feeling for the stomach, relieves symptoms of indigestion and stimulates the digestive system. You should eat ripe papaya will be better for the stomach.
Yogurt: Many people fear that eating yogurt will make their stomach pain worse, but the amount and concentration of acid in yogurt are insignificant compared to the amount of acid in gastric juice.
Lactic acid converted from yogurt has the effect of inhibiting the growth of HP (the culprit causing stomach and duodenal ulcers). In addition, the bacteria fermenting in yogurt that adheres to the gastrointestinal mucosa will secrete natural antibiotics to strengthen local immunity, inhibiting the growth of factors that cause stomach pain. Therefore, it is very beneficial for people with stomach pain to eat yogurt, but must eat it after a meal, not when hungry.
Ginger: Ginger has long been used as the simplest remedy for stomach upset, bloating, and indigestion. The substances in ginger such as tacpen and oleoresin have very good antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving effects. You can use ginger directly with fresh ginger branches, drink ginger tea, eat ginger candies…
The following are foods that are good for the stomach:
1. Food has properties that cover the stomach lining: Milk, eggs, honey, turmeric… Honey and turmeric are very good for stomach patients. Turmeric has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, alkalizing effect on gastric juice and heals stomach ulcers. Honey has many antibacterial properties, regulates stomach acid and reduces stomach irritation.
2. Foods that absorb stomach acid: Cakes, cookies, bread.
3. Foods that reduce gastric secretion: Starchy foods (porridge, rice, glutinous rice, bread, sweet potatoes, boiled potatoes…), are very good at reducing acid secretion in the stomach. relieve stomach pain.
4. Food to support the treatment of stomach pain: Young leafy vegetables (cabbage, bean sprouts…) provide abundant amounts of vitamins K, U, and effective support in the treatment of stomach pain. Cabbage is a vegetable rich in fiber, rich in vitamins U and K1 to help increase blood circulation to the stomach, protect the stomach lining and stimulate the digestive system, very good for people with stomach pain. You can squeeze the juice to drink it for better absorption by the stomach.
5. Food is fast ulcer: Foods rich in protein, calcium, zinc (lean meat, fish, shrimp, crab…). Especially for people with stomach ulcers, they should especially use many of these food groups because they help ulcers heal quickly.
6. Foods to improve vitamin and mineral deficiencies due to poor digestion and absorption when stomach pain: Red fruits, dark green vegetables, cereals… are foods rich in vitamin A. , B, D, magnesium, iron, zinc. The addition of these nutrients is very necessary for patients with chronic stomach pain, in order to improve vitamin deficiency due to poor absorption and digestion.
These are 6 food groups that have the same effect as “treatment drugs” for doctors with stomach pain, which are very readily available and common in everyday life.
Doctor Ha Hai Nam (Deputy Head of Department of Gastroenterology 1, Hospital K)
at Blogtuan.info – Source: vietnamnet.vn – Read the original article here