Who can buy social housing?
Social housing is a house owned and managed by a state agency (can be central or local) or built by non-profit organizations to provide affordable housing for certain policy beneficiaries. priority in society.
The value of social housing is only half of commercial housing. Therefore, this is a type of real estate that many people look for, because it creates opportunities for low-income families and individuals to have houses in the city. However, to buy social housing, buyers must meet certain conditions.
According to Article 49 of the Law on Housing 2014, subjects who are eligible to buy social housing if they fully meet the conditions in Article 51 of the Law on Housing 2014 include:
– People with meritorious services to the revolution according to the provisions of the law on preferential treatment for people with meritorious services to the revolution;
– Poor and near-poor households in rural areas; Households in rural areas are often affected by natural disasters and climate change;
– Low-income people, poor and near-poor households in urban areas; Employees are working at enterprises inside and outside the industrial zone;
– Officers, professional non-commissioned officers, professional and technical non-commissioned officers, professional soldiers, workers in agencies and units of the People’s Police and the People’s Army;
– Cadres, civil servants and public employees in accordance with the law on cadres, civil servants and public employees;
– Subjects who have returned official residences as prescribed are service house tenants when they are no longer eligible to rent houses or move to another place or commit acts of violating regulations on management and use of official residences. If they use houses that are subject to withdrawal, they must return the official residences to the State;
– Households and individuals subject to land recovery and having to clear or demolish their houses in accordance with law but have not yet been compensated by the State with houses or residential land.
What conditions does the buyer need to meet?
In order to be supported to buy social housing, the above subjects must meet conditions such as housing, residence, income, including not having a house under their ownership, not yet purchased, rent or lease-purchase social housing.
In addition, the supported subjects must meet the conditions that are not yet entitled to the housing support policy, residential land in any form at the place where they live, study or have a house under their ownership but the area of the house is limited. per capita in households is lower than the minimum housing area prescribed by the Government from time to time and from region to region.
Must have permanent residence registration in the province or centrally run city where the social housing is located; in case there is no permanent residence registration, they must have a temporary residence registration for one year or more in that province or city.
For cadres and civil servants, they must not have to pay regular income tax according to the provisions of the law on personal income tax…
According to a recent report by the Ministry of Construction, in the first quarter of 2022, the whole country has 4 completed social housing projects, 98 projects are being implemented, and construction departments have issued written notices of eligibility for sale. housing in the future 9 projects.
Notably, during this period of time, the whole country had only 3 newly licensed social housing projects with a scale of nearly 1,200 units in Lang Son, Phu Tho and Quang Ninh, but there were 39 commercial housing projects. scale of nearly 18,700 newly licensed apartments.
According to a representative of the Ministry of Construction, by the end of 2021, the whole country has completed 266 projects with more than 142,000 social housing houses, with a total area of more than 7.1 million square meters of floor (including low-income houses and houses). workers), too late compared to the requirements set out in the National Housing Development Strategy to 2020, with a vision to 2030.
It is forecasted that in the period of 2021 – 2025, the country’s demand for social housing will need about 294,600 units with a total investment of about VND 220,000 billion. To meet this huge demand, many experts suggest that the Law on Housing 2014 should be amended soon, the Law on Real Estate Business 2014 in order to remove obstacles and inadequacies in the implementation of policies on social housing and housing. workers, ensuring that project investors enjoy substantive incentives.
* Invite readers to watch programs broadcast by Vietnam Television on TV Online and VTVGo!
at Blogtuan.info – Source: vtv.vn – Read the original article here