LIVE previous post We have learned briefly about waste oil stoves – a fairly new product on the market with the advertisement being 10 to 20 times more economical than induction cookers and gas stoves and No smoke, odorless, non-toxic. Today we will check if those recommendations are correct.
The Dang Nga Electronics YouTube channel made a video comparing gas stoves and waste oil stoves with the following test plan:
– Use a travel gas stove with a butane gas tank weighing more than 300 g and a capacity of 527 ml, of which the net weight (gas weight) is 220 g, the weight of the tank shell is 85 g.
– The waste oil stove is fueled by 220 g of waste oil contained in a Sting bottle. The total mass of the waste oil bottle is approximately 250 g.
– The two stoves will keep the 5L kettles on until the fire goes out because the fuel runs out, then the heating cost will be divided on average according to the ratio of fuel/kettles. As for the waste oil stove, it is also necessary to add the electricity bill to run the slug fan (80W) because this is the most important part of a waste oil stove. It has the function of providing air to mix with the oil vapor and maintain the combustion as we analyzed in the previous post.
The waste oil stove will perform the test first. The kitchen preparation is also a bit “tumbling”. First it is necessary to hang the oil bottle up so that it can drip into the stove through a funnel.
This operation is reminiscent of the infusion of water when the body is weak, and if you intend to buy a waste oil stove, you can also consider buying such a rack.
After the stove has a certain amount of oil, it is necessary to put paper in it to light the fire. The process of grouping the stove will produce smoke and smell, so 1 point can be deducted from the waste oil stove because it is not the same as advertised.
While cooking, the YouTuber forgot to fix the oil pipe to the stove, causing a small amount of oil to fall on the floor. This is also a point that you need to keep in mind if you intend to buy a waste oil stove.
After 14 minutes, the 5L kettle has boiled. YouTuber added a second kettle on the stove and continued to cook for another 8 minutes, then the oil ran out. Because it has only been more than half of the time compared to the first kettle, the water has not yet boiled, but only reached about 75 degrees Celsius.
Go to the gas stove demonstration:
One thing that is easy to see is that the gas stove does not need to light a fire, does not have to find a place to hang the bottle and does not create smoke. However, the flame of a tourist gas stove cannot be as strong as an oil stove because it is a small stove. If to compare “equivalent”, it must be the industrial gas stove that the cooking groups often use.
The first kettle boils after 17 minutes. Perhaps due to the small fire, the gas stove is very resilient – boils up to 3 kettles of water and only gives up when heating to the 4th pot. The water in this 4th kettle reaches about 86 degrees Celsius and in the jar is empty. some gas.
Is it cheaper to use a Waste Oil Stove than a Gas Stove – Cost of a Waste Oil Stove With a Stove
To make the calculation easy, we round up, consider that the waste oil stove can boil 2 kettles, and the gas stove gets 4 kettles of water. The YouTuber has calculated and provided a table of results, but we feel that this calculation does not seem very accurate, so we do not use that result, but calculate by ourselves according to the latest reference price data online. Please also note that this result is only approximate, not 100% accurate!
+ Waste oil stove:
– With 220g of waste oil, the oil stove produces a large flame and can be heated for 22 minutes. If the waste oil price is about 10,000 VND/liter, 220 g oil is equivalent to 250 ml (1 Sting bottle capacity) and it will cost 2500 VND.
The price of waste oil purchased by the barrel is about 3000-5000 VND/liter, while the retail price will be higher
– In those 22 minutes, the 80W fan consumes an amount of electricity (80/1000) * (22/60) = 0.0288 kWh (0.0288 electricity). If the price of an electric number is about 2,000 VND, the electricity bill for running the fan is approximately 57.6 VND (0.0288*2000).
– Thus, the total cost of the waste oil stove consumed is 2500 + 57.6 = 2557.6 VND. Count out Average amount to boil 1 5L kettle with waste oil stove is 1278.8 VND.
+ For gas stove:
– 220 grams of gas helps travel gas stoves work for 1 hour 35 minutes (95 minutes). The time it takes to boil a kettle of water later on is larger because it is inversely proportional to the size of the flame: less gas means a small fire, and a small fire takes a long time to boil.
– At the present time, the gas price falls to about 510K / 12 kg tank, ie 220 g of gas costs about 9350 VND (510 * 1000 * 0.22/12).
– Boiling 4 kettles of water takes 9350 gas coins, so to Boiling 1 kettle of water will cost 2337.5 VND.
Thus, we see that cooking waste oil stove is indeed more economical than cooking with gas stove, but this figure is approximately 50% – ie only about 2 times not 10 times, or even 20 times as advertised.
In addition, waste oil stoves still produce smoke and odors, and there is even a risk of fuel leakage if not carefully built. This is not the same as being referred to as “safe, non-toxic”.
at Blogtuan.info – Source: Kenh14.Vn – Read the original article here