In the coming days, will Hanoi still repeat historical heavy rains like the afternoon of May 29?
Thunderstorms knocked down trees and flooded Hang Chieu Street (Dong Xuan Ward, Hoan Kiem District) on the afternoon of May 29 – Photo: X.THUY
On the afternoon of May 30, Mr. Nguyen Huu Thanh, deputy head of the weather forecasting department (National Center for Hydro-Meteorological Forecasting), had a conversation to analyze the weather of Hanoi and the North after the record rain. yesterday May 29 and forecast in the coming days.
* What is the cause of this thunderstorm? Has there been any rain in the past at this time of year, sir?
– Due to the compression of the low trough with an axis at about 22-25 degrees north latitude, on May 29, the temperature in the North and Central regions tends to increase. Yesterday afternoon, the phenomenon of thunderstorms appeared early in the provinces of Son La, Hoa Binh and the Southern Delta, then moved to Hanoi, causing heavy rain for about 2 hours.
At the end of May like now, in the Northern provinces, there are often thunderstorms in the afternoon and evening. Like a strong thunderstorm in Hanoi yesterday afternoon.
* What is the next forecast about thunderstorms? Will there still be heavy thunderstorms in the afternoon and evening of the next few days like the afternoon of May 29?
– According to the National Center for Hydro-meteorological Forecasting, from now (May 30) to May 31, in the mountainous and midland areas of the North, there will be moderate rain, heavy rain, and very heavy rain in some places. with a common rainfall of 50-100mm, some places over 120mm.
In the Northern Delta region (including Hanoi area) there are showers and thunderstorms, with heavy rain locally. This afternoon and tonight (May 30), in the area from Thanh Hoa to Thua Thien Hue, there are showers and thunderstorms, with heavy rain locally.
In addition, in the afternoon and evening (May 30), there will be showers and thunderstorms in the Central Highlands and the South, with moderate to heavy rain locally.
During thunderstorms, there is a possibility of tornadoes, lightning, hail and strong winds. There is a very high risk of flash floods and landslides in the mountainous provinces of the North, the North Central, and the Central Highlands, and flooding in low-lying areas.
* Some countries in the region are having high warnings about floods, so has Vietnam issued any warnings?
– According to our forecast, after the rain mentioned above, from June 1 to 6, strong thunderstorms will focus mainly in the Northern mountainous region, with heavy rain in some places. As for the Northern Delta region (including Hanoi area) there is still the possibility of thunderstorms in the afternoon and evening.
The Northern mountainous area has had a lot of rain in the past few days and in the coming days, it will continue to rain a lot. In the mountainous areas, the soil and rock are saturated with water, so the risk of landslides is still high. prevent landslides, avoid causing damage to people and material property.
at Blogtuan.info – Source: tuoitre.vn – Read the original article here