Tiger Woods withdraws from US Open golf tournament
Tiger Woods, a 15 major title holder, decided not to attend next week’s US Open in Massachusetts due to fitness issues.
Body of Tiger Woods enough to say. The champion of 15 majors out of 82 PGA Tour titles couldn’t take it anymore.
The 46-year-old American golfer confirmed Tuesday that he will not participate in the US Open, which takes place next week in Brookline, Massachusetts, in which Jon Rahm defends the crown he won a year ago.
“My body needs more time to get stronger for a big round. I hope to be able to attend The Open Championship next month”, Tiger said. He plans to feature in the final major tournament of the season, which will also be the 150th edition of the event.
Tiger Woods has stretched his stamina to the maximum. After breaking his right leg in a car crash in Los Angeles early last year, the legendary golf suddenly appeared at The Masters.
Woods returned to action 508 days, to be exact since The Master during the pandemic, in November 2020, and despite shining with a first round below par, he subsequently overshot his standard and finished in first place. 47th, his lowest rating at Augusta.
Tiger’s leg injury has not yet fully healed and there are obvious signs of pain. The move to complete 18 holes made him miserable.
“I enjoyed Tiger as much as a golfer as well as a spectator. I was so excited. It was unbelievable that Woods had been playing for four days, limping. You can see that at how he tries all the time”Rahm expressed while fighting with Woods at The Masters.
“Super Tiger” spends time soaking in an ice bath to soothe a body that has been battered by 5 knee surgeries and 5 back surgeries.
Woods sped up again for the PGA Championship, his second major of the season, in May at Southern Hills, Tulsa, Oklahoma. Until the limit burst. In the 3rd round, he hit over 9 strokes and for the first time in his career right withdraw from a major tournament.
“It was extremely difficult, Tiger endured every swing, but he was the most professional. If it were me, I would have considered retiring and going home, but Woods is different. It was an effort. extraordinary”Rory McIlroy spoke up.
Now, “Super Tiger” takes care of the wound to re-export in the UK.
After Kevin Na, it was the turn of Dustin Johnson and Sergio Garcia to make the decision to withdraw from the PGA Tour when joining the new Super Golf League tournament sponsored by Saudi Arabia.
Faced with the risk of being punished for competing in an event they weren’t allowed on the PGA Tour, the three faces above, along with other golfers such as Branden Grace, Louis Oosthuizen and Charl Schwartzel decided to withdraw. Johnson confirmed his relinquishment of his PGA Tour card on Tuesday in London.
With this decision, golfers while attending LIV Golf will still be able to participate in 4 majors. Because, major is not under the umbrella of PGA Tour but under the management of different organizations.
“Right now it’s hard to say what the consequences will be, but I’m giving up my membership on the PGA Tour. Now I’m going to play LIV Golf, that’s the plan,” Johnson said.
LIV Golf kicks off its first leg at Centurion, London, taking place this Thursday through Saturday. Each event of the new tournament split $25 million among 48 participating golfers, the winner pocketed $4 million and the lowest was $120,000. This is an amount that exceeds the prize money of the PGA Tour and majors.
at Blogtuan.info – Source: vietnamnet.vn – Read the original article here