Life StyleSức Khỏe

Girl gets electric shock and burns from charging phone

This is an alarm bell for all parents with young children.

The patient is a baby girl BA (29 months old, in Hanoi). According to Th’s mother, on March 18, 2022 (one week before being hospitalized) the child was playing with his 5-year-old sister while the family was cooking rice, seeing that the phone was charging, the child arbitrarily unplugged the charger. phone to play, causing children to be electrocuted.

The girl was electrocuted to stop the heart, and the hand was burned with necrosis because of charging the phone: Alarm bells for parents - Photo 1.

Place to receive patients

After the accident, the child lay unconscious, pale, left palm black. Fortunately, her sister (5 years old) was riding a bicycle nearby, saw that she was electrocuted, so she ran to call her family and shouted.

The child was rushed to help by a neighbor near the house, then performed first aid to press the heart, after forcing his heart to wake up, the family immediately took him to the local medical facility for emergency and continued to the Children’s Hospital. Central treatment.

“I was shocked and terrified. Before that, I also knew of cases of electric shock caused by charging the phone through the radio, but I did not think this would happen to my child.“- Th’s mother shared more.

BSc CCII Phung Cong Sang – In charge of Burns Unit – Deputy Head of Orthopedics Department, National Children’s Hospital, said that right after receiving the pediatric patient at the emergency department, the child was evaluated and treated. cardiovascular risk and risk of acute renal failure. When the child’s condition was stable, we performed necrotomy, skin flap transfer, hand skin grafting (necrotic lesions of both fascia and metatarsal bones of the fingers) to retain the hand both in function. and aesthetics for children.

“After the surgery, the child is now stable, but the child’s recovery still requires a lot of time and effort from the family and the hospital.“- Doctor Sang said.

The girl was electrocuted in cardiac arrest, and her hand was electrocuted due to phone charging: An alarm bell for parents - Photo 2.

The baby girl is being taken care of.

Stop plugging in chargers – Always unplug the phone after charging: The principle that parents must not forget

According to Dr. Phung Cong Sang, phone chargers often have a voltage converter, which has a very low voltage output. However, if the plug is open, the plug is faulty, it can still be dangerous, this has also been warned many times on the mass media.

For young children, who are very active, naughty and curious, accidents related to phone charging are not uncommon, mainly because children play with their phones while they are plugged in or they play with their phones. while charging.

Doctor Sang recommends that, in order to avoid tragic and unfortunate accidents with young children related to electricity, parents should note: Always unplug the charger from the electrical outlet when not in use, the power outlet must have a protective cover. Do not let your child play with the phone while it is charging. Keep charging phones out of reach of children. Make sure the charging cord is properly connected to the power source. At home with young children, parents should always have someone watch over them carefully.

How to treat children with electric burns?

Dr. Phung Cong Sang, advises when children have electric burns:

Separate the victim from the power source (disconnect the circuit breaker, use a wooden stick to knock off the high current) as quickly as possible, if the child is in distress at a height, it must be arranged to support the child when it falls and take the patient to a cool place. .

The family needs to conduct a respiratory assessment, child consciousness and look for other injuries if there is a fall, to find the right first aid, to avoid injuring the cervical spine or limbs (if any). aggravated.

If the child stops circulating, perform chest compressions properly and call for medical help.

Families should only move the patient to a medical facility when the child has received first aid.

Only conduct the treatment of electrical burns when the child has no general disorder, should not apply ice, ointment or anything to the burn, just wash the burn and cover with clean gauze. chuong-bao-dong-cho-c-c-c-cha-me-20220420144420706.chn

You are reading the article Girl gets electric shock and burns from charging phone
at – Source: – Read the original article here

Back to top button