Children’s bodies are still very immature, their organs have not yet developed and perfected their functions. Therefore, parents must be very careful in the process of raising their children. Even small actions with the wrong impact will greatly affect a child’s health, even at the cost of his life.
There was once a heartbreaking case of the death of a 4-year-old boy, which was caused by a very normal adult habit but very dangerous for children, namely the habit of putting children to sleep after they died. full.
That unlucky boy is a 4 year old boy named Tieu To. Tieu To was originally a very kind child and obedient to adults. His parents were too busy with work to spend much time taking care of the child. Therefore, after much thought and thought, Tieu To’s parents sent him to his grandmother’s house in the countryside so that he could take better care of him.
Grandma loved the child very much. On the first day back to his grandmother’s house, he prepared a lot of delicious food for the boy. Early in the morning, he fed Tieu To eggs and porridge. After eating, she also gave him lots of cakes to eat while watching TV to ease his sadness.
Due to eating too much in the morning, until lunchtime, Tieu To still couldn’t digest all of his breakfast food. However, she still fed him. Grandma let me eat while watching TV, so I finished eating a bowl full of rice in no time. Then, seeing the boy looking sleepy, he let Tieu Su take a nap on the sofa.
Surprisingly 2 hours had passed, Tieu To was still fast asleep, no sign of waking up yet. Feeling a little strange, the grandmother came calling for him but found Tieu To’s body as cold as ice, purple lips, the corners of his mouth as if there was food. She was very shocked and rushed to find neighbors to take her baby to the hospital.
The doctor shook his head and concluded that it was too late to save the boy. Doctors added that sleeping after eating too much causes the child’s food to accumulate and clog the trachea, causing the baby to die.
After hearing the doctor’s diagnosis, the grandmother almost fainted and deeply regretted her very detrimental habit.
Even medical experts say that putting children to sleep after eating is a mistake that is very dangerous for health, if left for a long time will cause many diseases for children.
– Damage the child’s stomach
– Birth of heart disease
– Causes heartburn, disturbs the child’s sleep
– Acid reflux from the stomach, long-term damage to the mucous membranes in the throat and many complicated complications.
– Stagnant food in the stomach stimulates the brain, causing nightmares, insomnia or restless sleep in children.
– Even more dangerous, sleeping right after eating, the digestive system has to work harder, thereby affecting blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar levels, which will increase the risk of stroke.
So how long should children sleep after eating?
After feeding the child, if the child cannot sleep, the parents do not force the child to sleep at all. Instead, read or talk to your child to give the food time to digest.
The best time for babies to start sleeping is 1-2 hours after eating. During this time, food will be digested from the stomach to the small intestine, reducing the symptoms of heartburn, reducing the risk of sleep disturbances.
In order for food to be digested faster, you should not let the child sit in one place, but let the child walk gently, and the child can only lie down for about 1 hour after eating. Parents should also not allow their children to nap for more than 1 hour a day because too many naps are also harmful to the child’s health.
Things to remember when baby sleeps
When children start sleeping, adults should observe their actions because when they see sleepless child or have strange symptoms will be treated immediately.
Please touch or touch the child’s forehead to see if his body temperature is normal, if the child has symptoms of fever, immediately take the child to a medical facility.
If you see a child showing signs of a food blockage, give him first aid by patting him on the back, pressing on his chest, and rushing him to the hospital immediately.