Man was bitten by a tick that caused a fatal brain infection
The Maine Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (USA) has just announced that an unnamed man has died after contracting the Powassan virus caused by the virus. Ticks caused, according to the British daily Daily Mail.
This man was suffering from symptoms nerve serious viral infection. While being treated in the hospital, this person died.
According to health officials, the virus is spread through the bite of an infected deer tick, flea or squirrel tick. And the cases seem to be on the rise.
Dr Nirav D Shah, director of the Maine Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said ticks are now active and looking for a host to bite. He urged Maine residents and visitors to take steps to prevent tick bites.
Man died after contracting Powassan virus caused by ticks
Screenshot of the page Daily Mail
This virus is extremely rare and does not usually cause symptom serious.
But the danger is that some cases can cause brain infections or infection severe meninges and spinal cord.
Symptoms of this serious condition can include fever, headache, vomiting, weakness, confusion, seizures, memory loss, loss of coordination and difficulty speaking, according to the report. Daily Mail.
According to the Maine Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the death rate is about 10%.
The virus can be transmitted within 15 minutes of being bitten by a tick. This rare virus attacks the brain dangerously with no cure, no vaccine and no antiviral treatment to date.
The infection is not spread from person to person through coughing, sneezing, or physical contact.
Cases of the Powassan virus are extremely rare, with just 25 cases across the country each year.
The increase in Powassan virus cases from deer ticks in the US in recent years is due to climate change, according to a new report. Daily Mail.
at Blogtuan.info – Source: thanhnien.vn – Read the original article here