Compared to pension, what benefits will employees lose when enjoying a lump-sum social insurance?
Conditions for enjoying one-time social insurance
Clause 1, Article 1 of Resolution No. 93/2015/QH13 dated June 22, 2015 of the National Assembly stipulating the implementation of the policy of enjoying one-time social insurance benefits for employees. Specifically, in case an employee participates in compulsory social insurance after one year off from work, and a participant in voluntary social insurance after one year does not continue to pay social insurance premiums but has not paid social insurance for less than 20 years upon request, he/she will receive a lump-sum social insurance payment. .
At Point b, Clause 1, Article 8 of Decree No. 115/2015/ND-CP dated 11/11/2015 of the Government, employees who request it are entitled to one-time social insurance benefits if they belong to one of the following schools: the following cases:
– Old enough get a pension according to the provisions of Clauses 1, 2 and 4, Article 54 of the Law on Social Insurance but have not paid social insurance for full 20 years, or according to the provisions of Clause 3, Article 54 of the Law on Social Insurance, but have paid social insurance premiums for less than 15 years and do not continue to participate in social insurance automatically. wish.
– After one year of leaving work, but less than 20 years of paying social insurance premiums and not continuing to pay social insurance premiums.
– Going abroad to settle down.
– Persons suffering from one of life-threatening diseases such as cancer, polio, cirrhosis of the liver ascites, leprosy, severe tuberculosis, HIV infection that has progressed to AIDS and other diseases as prescribed by the Ministry of Health. .
However, according to Vietnam Social Insurance, receiving one-time social insurance will bring many disadvantages to employees, because of immediate benefits, employees will miss the opportunity to enjoy pension to cover life, as well as enjoy health insurance regime to take care of health in old age.
According to calculations by international organizations and social insurance agencies, if they pay social insurance at the same time, the total monetary benefit when enjoying a monthly pension will be much higher than when enjoying one-time social insurance. Therefore, the social insurance agency encourages employees to reserve the time to participate in social insurance instead of receiving one-time social insurance.
Once the employee has chosen to enjoy the lump-sum social insurance, the employee will no longer enjoy the benefits attached to the pension
Specifically, employees who choose to enjoy lump-sum social insurance will lose the following benefits:
Funeral allowance for family/creator in case the employee dies: 10 times the base salary.
Survivorship allowance for the employee’s relatives in case the employee dies: Depending on the case, they are entitled to a monthly or one-time death benefit.
– The monthly death benefit for each relative is from 50% to 70% of the base salary. The number of relatives entitled to monthly survivorship allowance must not exceed 4. In case two or more people die, their relatives will be entitled to twice the allowance.
– The one-time survivorship allowance for the employee’s relatives is calculated as one-time social insurance (calculated according to the number of years the employee has paid social insurance premiums):
+ For the years before 2014, the benefit level is 1.5 months of the average monthly salary on which social insurance premiums are based for each year of which social insurance is paid.
+ For the years from 2014 onward, the rate of enjoyment is 2 months of the average monthly salary on which social insurance premiums are based for each year of which social insurance is paid.
– However, the one-time social insurance benefit is at least equal to 3 months the average monthly salary on which social insurance premiums are based.
– Health insurance premiums are paid by the Social Insurance Fund and medical examination and treatment expenses are paid in accordance with the law on health insurance.
at Blogtuan.info – Source: Soha.vn – Read the original article here