QUICK READING April 30: Russia announced for the first time that it fired missiles at Ukraine from a submarine
Satellite image shows Kalibr cruise missile being loaded onto a Kilo-class submarine in the port of Sevastopol, Crimea annexed by Russia in 2014 – Photo: MAXAR
* This is the first time that Moscow has announced the use of its submarine fleet to attack neighboring countries.
In addition, satellite images released by the space technology company Maxar Technologies (USA) at dawn on April 30 (Vietnam time) show that the Kalibr missile is being loaded onto a Kilo-class submarine in the port of Sevastopol. of the Crimean peninsula in the Black Sea.
* On April 29, Russia confirmed that it carried out a missile attack on the capital Kiev. The Russian Defense Ministry said it has deployed “high-precision, long-range weapons” capable of “destroying the buildings of the Artyom rocket production and space company in Kiev”.
According to AFP news agency, this is the first air strike by Russian forces in Kiev in nearly two weeks. An American journalist was also killed in the strike. At the moment UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres is visiting Kiev and his spokesman said the missile hit a target just a few kilometers away.
Ukrainian soldiers next to the remains of a Russian Mi-8 helicopter that crashed near the capital Kiev, Ukraine – Photo: REUTERS
* On April 29, PGNiG, Poland’s largest gas company, said it would supply gas to customers in areas where Novatek Green Energy (Russia) stopped providing this service.
The supply disruption is due to Novatek being hit by Western sanctions. The RIA news agency quoted a Novatek spokesman as saying the company would resume gas supplies as soon as possible.
* According to AFP news agency, after nearly two months, Fighting in the port city of Mariupol has stopped. However, explosions still reverberated in the area of the Azovstal steel plant – the last stronghold of Ukrainian forces in the city. AFP reporters heard shelling in Azovstal in the morning and afternoon of April 29.
In the port area, many administrative buildings were badly damaged, with walls burned and collapsed. Damaged containers caused cargo to spill outside.
* Office of the President of Ukraine said Russia is attacking the front lines in the Donbass . region east of the country with rockets, artillery, mortars and planes to prevent Ukrainian troops from regrouping, Reuters news agency reported.
Ukrainian soldiers in a supermarket in the city of Kramatorsk, Donetsk region on April 28 – Photo: REUTERS
* Kiev admits Russian forces control a series of villages in the Donbass region, according to AFP news agency. However, the Ukrainian army also had small victories along the front lines.
Meanwhile, a senior official from the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) said Russia had made only “small” and “uneven” advances in its efforts to encircle the forces’ positions. amount of Ukraine.
In the Kharkov region, Ukraine says it has regained control of the strategically important village of Ruska Lozova. However, the large city of Kharkov in this region is still under rocket fire.
* April 29, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said Russia does not consider it to be at war with NATO through Ukraineas such a development would increase the risk of a nuclear war, according to the RIA news agency.
Lavrov also blamed Kiev for the stagnation in peace talks between the two countries, saying Ukraine had changed its stance in the negotiations.
Ukrainian President Zelensky also expressed pessimism about peace talks with Russia.
* According to Reuters on April 29, Ukraine, supported by about 38 European members of the World Health Organization (WHO), sent a letter to the regional WHO to call for an urgent meeting on the impact. of the Russian military campaign on health and medical care in Ukraine.
The letter calls on Hans Kluge, WHO European director, to hold a meeting before May 9 when it comes to attacks on health facilities in Ukraine that disrupt vaccination campaigns, and expressed concern about the risk of chemical and radioactive leaks.
The letter also calls on WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus to address the issue at a World Health Assembly meeting in May.
at Blogtuan.info – Source: tuoitre.vn – Read the original article here